Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I can't say they're as tough as claimed (this is about the 6th TKO I've worked on), no way as tough as a toploader....they sure come apart easy! 002.jpg 003.jpg

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
You're just trolling for SoCalCraigster....Wonder what happened to him? I'll bet he went through with the surgery and now visits the quilting blogs. I never believed that the pic was his bro in law. lol

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
LOL - yeah we haven't heard from him in quite awhile..? A good laugh to start the day..

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I need a good tranny....errrrr transmission... would you recommend the TKO? I was pondering the T-56 went to American Powertrain and looked at their 68 w/ the 6-speed. Also the T-5z I don't have much power now...well, any really....but later i might.

I really don't want to have to cut/trim and braces... dOES The TKO "fit"?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd recommend it for sure. It's always nice to have the option of driving it on the freeway. I just had to round out the shifter hole just a tad due to the shifter but other than that it was money..Modern Driveline is selling a shifter now to fit the cars with a factory console. The 6 speed is a good choice as well, just depends on the wallet ya know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts