Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok here's the deal:
I have always seen myself as different and well this is all fine and dandy but at times it can be a bit frustrating to be on your own for so long. I have never had a relationship that has lasted more than a year, i only have a select few close friends and i generally don't interact with a ton of people. Maybe it's because i never feel accepted or i feel i am not good enough to be with them.
I don't feel that here, here i feel like i am one of the guys so to speak...i am never laughed at or made to feel like i am not good enough to talk to or hang out with all of you. Every time i have a problem I can come here car related or not and someone will offer up a suggestion or give me advice on the matter. You all joke with me and you lay it down as it is and for that all of that I THANK YOU.
Thansk for being good people who actually listen and don't just dismiss me as a dumb kid..it means more to me than you know:)

To all who I know a bit more (Rick, Dayle, Garey, Mark-First Elim, Neal, Bruce, Greg, Judy, Jim, Sue,Bob,Royce,Tim B, Leon..and so on)
A special thanks for listening to me either on the phone or in e-mail in my endless rants and raves about these cars...and life. I must be the only person who calls you and pesters you about things all the time...i know i can be annoying and for that i am sorry:)
And a very special thanks to LOGAN who without him this site would not be here!
Thanks Agian all of you for being a family to me:)

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
It was very nice of you to put those thoughts of yours into words.

Now let's all have a GROUP HUG!:D

Mark

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Awwwww.. Shucks.... after all..... your family...

Don

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
man I have to change my number ;) j/k Dave. Were all here for yah, and everyone else. This is a great place with alot of great people.

Rick

·
11,000 Posts
Thats right Dave, we're laughing with you, not at you!

I hope.......

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Well said, but you can't have my Miller Light! :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I thought it was supposed to be Bud Light...and no you can't have mine either.
However I wish to second the thank you's and wish everyone a Happy Easter.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Well the above posts have said most of it all, its one of the nice things about this forum, everyone does feel like family and we don't have all those smart mouthed jerks who put a rude connotation in every post here, they get chased out very quickly.
Nice to hear you putting that down in words Dave, I am sure quite a few of us could echo your sentiments.
And in the same vein, a BIG Thank You to those of you who have helped my out over time, thru e-mails, and specially to Bob, who has really helped me out today, it was almost like being on chat, the e-mail replies were so quick. Rick and Leon as well, always have time to answer the questions that I don't post on the forum [so I don't come across as a total idiot] and also to Milo, Neal, Leon and Bob who have taken the time and trouble to send me stuff at the unbelievable price of 0.00$. And last but not least, Judy, who I chat to just about every day and who has to listen to my rants and raves about all things, cougar related or not.
Okay now this is start to sound like an Oscars thank you, but you guys/girls are all special.

Right....[wipes tears from her eyes].........who else...*sniff*...........has something to say, [gently dabbing eyes with tissue].

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
jjoohhnnbb said:
I thought it was supposed to be Bud Light...and no you can't have mine either.
Ya know, I had a heck of a time rememberin' which it was. Oh well, I had a 50/50 chance.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
:lol2:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I love you

:biggrn2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope I'll grow to feel that way over time..alas, my knowledge of the internal components of autos is very limited, so I'm not as familiar with them as everyone else..I hope that eventually I'll be able to learn from everyone as we all exchange ideas and information..and fun stuff too.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Everyone has made me feel very welcome. I feel like I have made new friends. At first I was hesitant to ask questions for fear of being so ignorant. BUT yall put up with my dumb ass real well. Thanks from me as well. Mike/Old Wood

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
This thread is a testement to the great people that belong to this site. I've said the same thing on several threads and I'm not afraid to say it again, I feel I've known some of you for years instead of months. Thanks to all who make this site what it is....The members...

Bruce

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
hedgecore69-
Just stick around here long enough you're bound to learn something :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Hell Yeah!
Leon we still love you in spite of your utter disregard for the Cougar's left hand drive originality

:lol2:

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Leon, your a class act, :D, Dave, keep plugging away, you'll have a great car when your done, and feel proud of everything you do. The rest of you guys are the best around, that's why I keep coming back, and you make my task around here very easy, and I really appreicate everything you do to keep this place going smoothly. When I first joined, and signed up as moderator, I knew I wouldnt have to do much "moderating". I do alot around here (in the shadows), read almost every post, look at and approve pictures, and try and gather interesting and knowledgable sponsor/companies, etc. to keep this site #1. I know my car isnt going and I talked alot about my Fairlane, just wait until I get a chance to work on the Cougar and get her running again. :D:D:D:D I enjoy waking up and looking thru here, and before I go to bed look around. My hats off to all of you for all the support you show here. Cheers!!!!! To my best friends and family, thanx.

Rick

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Hey, I'm relatively new here as well, but I'm always up for a group hug!!! (no, that's not MY hand!!!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts