Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting for 2 months now for my 1/4 panel and steering sleeve to show up and well evertime it comes clost to happeneing something happens and he can't make it:(

I am just about fed up with this thing and about to call it quits..all i want is one damn break so i can see the light and go ok this can be done.

On top of the fact that i keep seeing all these gorgeous 73's on here and mine is well ...not. I should have looked better at the car before buying it:(

Oh well thats my piece, lets hear yours!

VERY DISGRUNTLED

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Mine took a non-stop flow of cash, effort, and infinate patience for two solid years to turn into the driver it is today...

Have patience will travel... :)

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Hummm, Dave, Dave, Dave.... Patients my big friend. Good things come to those who wait. Dont rush it, it will all work out in the end, trust me. :)

Rick

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well I've gotta agree with dark and logan my 73 has taken me 5 years and mucho money to get to where it is and it's still not done. I just sit back and wait till I can go home and put it all back together so be patient and all will eventually work out .

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
it always takes, twice as long, twice as much money, and what seems like an infinate amount of stress to get the car "done" as you may always think. you always run into stuff that you dont plan on. thats just the fun of it. after all of its done you will look back and laugh at it all. oh yeah, they are never quite "DONE" youll always see stuff that you want to do to it lol. thats why im still on the way to getting a second one so i dont screw up the 69 lol

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The good news is, is that the second car you do, if you do, is always a better experience because you go into it knowing how much time, effort and money is going to be involved.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dave your cat looks pretty good. cats take time, but hey it's gonna be worth it.In the meantime, you can relax and wrench away.:xoli:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can't win

Always remember the famous saying..."$10,000 invested, will sacrifice for $5,000".

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
actually Logan, the better part about doing the second car is that i can give it ALOT of down time. i have to drive mine everyday, so pulling off the doors and all the glass out is a no no. the experience really really helps as well, but this was a major factor for me when i did my car. both times around. i figure for the 70... at least a year will go into it. and probably 5K for a buildup that will not be optimal, but good enough for the time being. thats probably without the rear end getting done. paint and body i can do for like 500 so thats not a big deal. well.. 700-900 because i want the wing and scoop for it as well. and yes, i actually get mad if i have to spend more than 1000 to do paint and body to a car lol.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Dave!

Don't give up...mine is in the works for 8 years now...little by little and it's NOT for sale! Ever! You know what I need. Same as you. We all do. And why GIVE it to someone else after YOU done all the work, $$ AND time?!.....you have alot of friends (family) here that think your Cat looks awesome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts