Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that would mean we would have to get our cars smogged is this true .hopefully not cuz my cat will never pass lol

·
Registered
544 Posts
I can't think of a single cat I have seen that would pass smog. Good thing I will be moving next year! I hate California.

Mark

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Move to Alabama, you need mufflers and a tag.
(Shhh, don't tell everybody!)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Shoot...move to eastern Washington, you can run straight pipes and the cops will just cover their ears. We don't need anything at all, unless you are on the western side of the state.

·
Registered
161 Posts
it seems i hear about this EVERY year here. they are always trying to repeal that law, they should just give it up. thats what happens when you don't have a life, or a cool ass car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had to take my 69 RX7 to the smog station in CA back in 1985. I just turned down the mixture screws right there in line before driving in and then readjust them right after pulling out. Ran like S**T but passed and the guy watched me do it. NJ has all kinds of ways to get around inspections that is how I got my 86 CJ7 with no smog back on the road. It is what NJ calls a Collector Car.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
64 Posts
They are idiots. Do they think the pre 74 cars are causing all of the pollution?
I can't remember the last time I saw a pre 74 car during my work commute.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Yes, they are idiots
No, they don't think pre-75 cars are causing all the problems

Some reasons:
* Pre-75 cars epitomize the whole global warming agenda.
* They're just smug as depicted on South Park earlier this season. Great episode if you didn't see it.
* They just don't want pre-75 cars on the road.
* They hate the auto industry and hate even more the people who have the nerve to maintain older vehicles. They see the whole thing as a waste of time and money.
* They're jealous
* They see all the money spent and think it should go to feed the illegals.
* It gets back to how they felt about the cool car crowd in high school when they were growing up. Maybe they were insecure about themselves and now want to make up for it by lashing out at older muscle car owners.

I suspect this is more a personal agenda than rational thinking. Other than that, I'm not sure why they want to do this. But, then again, I don't have an opinion :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's all about $..

I just non-op it and trailer it behind my truck (cruisin)

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
mdemieville said:
I can't think of a single cat I have seen that would pass smog. Good thing I will be moving next year! I hate California.

Mark
I hate to see you and the family go Mark!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well thats the military life. I actually hate moving but am kind of looking forward to going to a new unit where I may actually have a boss that isn't a complete a$$.

Mark

my69xr7rocks said:
I hate to see you and the family go Mark!

·
Registered
432 Posts
mdemieville said:
Well thats the military life. I actually hate moving but am kind of looking forward to going to a new unit where I may actually have a boss that isn't a complete a$$.

Mark
Mark I have changed stations many times and it is always exciting anticipating the change of scenery and coworkers BUT it always seems that you just trade in one set of problems for another. Bad thing about the military is how difficult it is to maintain close friendships. Seems like once you make a good friend off you go somewhere else.

Tom

·
Registered
544 Posts
So right you are Tom. I have been stationed several places including over seas but this will be the first move with the family so I think we are all a little nervous. It is hard to keep friendships going from a distance. Good thing you and I have MC.net to keep in touch with since I know neither of us are getting rid of our cars anytime soon.

Mark

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
If we all leave CA, then that'll leave the state to the a$$e$. I for one, can't let this beautiful state go to the irrational weanies. If we let them have this one, then they'll be after the rest. They can't afford this state and its behavior and it won't be long before CA heads to the feds to bail them out. Then we all get taxed to support the mindless. Time to make a stand. Right here right now. And it starts w/"h-ll no, you can't take my CAT!!" You know my motto "no bad karma on my car" :)

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
mdemieville said:
So right you are Tom. I have been stationed several places including over seas but this will be the first move with the family so I think we are all a little nervous. It is hard to keep friendships going from a distance. Good thing you and I have MC.net to keep in touch with since I know neither of us are getting rid of our cars anytime soon.

Mark
Glad to hear that from both of you! :jump3:

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
:bs: Hmmmmmm they tried that before... Jay Leno even was involved... Stupid Bill.. can you say crash and burn LOL

·
Registered
953 Posts
Why would you leave CA;where are you going and why?

Just Curious

1 - 20 of 22 Posts