Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got one recently? Anyone had one for a while that is now acting up? For the money, the champion 3 row looks like the way to go...
Any other inputs?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
My Northern aluminum radiator is going on 2 years old and zero problems. Was advertised as a stock replacement on the MU site. Yea...not so much. LOL a bit of fab work to get it in and the stock shroud doesn't fit. But it cools great.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you have to do, to get it in? Was it a fitment issue (dimensions), or mounting problem?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
First it was thicker than the stock unit. So the upper and lower rad brackets needed to be reworked a bit. Bottom brackets had to be rebent wider and new rubber I made added. And I pretty much fabbed a new upper mount. The rad support itself needed to be notched slightly on the sides to get it to sit flush. And the top lip needed to be massaged up a slight bit for height. C6 trans lines were pretty close and fit ok. Bottom rad hose needed a slight twist to clear the PS belt better. Nothing real crazy but wasn't a stock replacement by any means.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts