Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Whatever the price, it's only good when both the seller AND buyer are happy!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Barry and Tim are both right. It is a very nice car. Anything besides the air not working? Try Ebay, it will give you a national marketplace and you may hit someone's hot spot, maybe even several interested parties willing to bid against each other. Good luck!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'll trade you (2) 1972 XR-7's for it!:p:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did it!!

Ok now its in the classified section so I stay outa trouble and heres some facts on it>>

I got the car in 93 and it needed a lot of work, it was stripped to bare metal and its the orginal paint color. All #s match it has 78000 miles one of the reasons I bought it was the low mileage. There is some filler to fix minor dents. The floors have been replaced like any convertable this age. The interior seats rug are new leather trim to exact factory specs. The top is white and never seen rain since new, the window is plastic. The turn signals have a new electronic sequential box and work perfectly as do the front hideaway lights and they stay down even when the motor is off, new vacum can. It has electric locks and an keyless entry shock alarm.

Engine has not been rebuilt, but it has a new aliminum intake and holley 4 barrell carb, accell ignition and wires and it runs great, new dual exaust. The auto transmission is the tightest shifting I have every used and just resealed so no leaks.

Problems I know of are the air conditioning does not work but I have all the parts for it. I never got to fixing it besides I only drive it with the top down. There is a hole in the trunk by the right fender well, the passinger side window glass is loose, a common problem with 69 since the glass was glued in the frame instead of bolted. The electric top motor works fine but it needs fliud so its slow in going up and down.

The front and rear bumpers are new rechromed, tires, brakes and hoses are new.
It has power steering and brakes and rare rim blow horn with tilt a way and tilt steering wheel. Air shocks in rear,gas in front and new ball joints and just front end aligned.
The wheels are correct orginal with cougar emblem center caps.

When i was working on this car I wanted everything like orginal so I researched and joined the cougar clubs ect. Every inch of this car was gone over, but its not a show winner because I drive it and enjoy it. Im asking $12500.00 dollars and think this is a fair price for both me and the buyer. I think for $2000.00 in more work it could be a perfect car.
Well let me know I can take more pics of anything you want to see more of.

Thanks ,Don

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
John, I second Don's wow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That is one of the sharpest 69 Convertibles I've seen. I have a red, standard convertible that I plan on adding the scoop to, as well as the chin and rear spoilers also. A pseudo "Eliminator clone" - but without the stripes and decals as I think they detract from the over all appearance.
Don, what color is that? Any modification to the tint or is it a 100% '69 Cougar available color? And did you clear coat it? I apologize for so many ?'s When our '69 goes into the paintshop, in the somewhat near future, we're now seriously considering changing it from the original red to that blue as my wife and I just love the color of your car.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cOUGAR cOLOR

Ken its a stock 69 cougar color, I had the paint code off the metal tag and had the auto shop look up the color. Its a metalic and not clear coated just used a poly conversion in the paint and its tough stuff. Lots of buffing and a mirror finish. Thanks,Don

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Ken, where in Mass. are you? I'm trying to keep track of the local people..

Bruce

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Counting you and I, only 5 active members so far...There are a couple of others, but they haven't posted in some time so I don't know if they are still here.

Bruce

·
Registered
133 Posts
I lived in the town of Florida for 20 years. Its out west on route 2. Still have family there and visit them once in a while. Lived in Portsmouth N.H. for 5 years at Pease A.F.B.. Now I'm in the deep south.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts