Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 67 standard to the all Ford car show in Apple Valley Mn last Sunday. There were several classes I could have entered. I had to decide which one on the spot and ended up choosing the unrestored class. Rules, over 20 years old with 80% or more original paint. All voting was by participants. I later found out there were only 5 cars entered in my class so my cat had little competition and I ended up taking first place. Hind site being 20/20 I should have chosen the Cougar class. There was only 7 or 8 cats but if I would have trophied it would have meant more to me. It would have been tough though because there were 3 trailer queens or nearly anyway. A 69 E big block, a 70 E big block and a 68 XR7 302 if I remember correctly. For the 71 people there was also a near mint Black 429 CJ car. Not my taste but what a motor. I'd like to have taken pictures but I freakin forgot to take my camera. BTW this show was sponsored by the Shelby club so 80% plus cars were Mustangs. It would have taken many hours to look them all over so I did not take the time.

Bill

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
+2 we may need to get you a phone with a camera on it!! ;>)

·
Registered
945 Posts
Congrats :beer: hope there are more awards in the future!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts