Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and not a parts car this time. its rough but ill see what i can do for it. i got it cheap and i also got ALOT of parts along with it. rebuilt front end, tranny, runs good, great interior. but the body needs alot of love. now.. tomorrow ill post pics of the cars exterior. but for now, lets see you Cougar nuts decode the data plate. and if anyone has #s on how many were made like this, id love to see them.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all new pics of it will be put in the gallery. ill just wait to take some good ones tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
cool, what did you pay for it, hows it run, look, etc. You keeping it or just gonna re and re it then sell it. Sounds like a fun toy any ways.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i paid $750 for it. hehe. heres the lowdown on it.....

-67 Bench Seat car
-factory 4bbl 289
-GREAT interior
-runs good
-rebuilt tranny 1000 miles ago
-rebuilt front end
-has all the trim
-trunk load of extra parts... grill, taillights, hood chrome, hockey sticks, heater control knobs, steering wheel pad, original hubcaps along with 68 " rally" wheels ( not sure if thats the correct term for them ) with all 4 Mercury center caps, new radiator, 289 Hi-Po exhaust manifolds ( not sure if Repros or not, but probably are... look too new ) some new weather stripping, large folder with all receipts for the stuff done to it. lots more too in the trunk and in the car.
-California Black license plates
- original red on White car

not sure of what ill do with it though. the body is rough. ill need to replace the hood, both 1/4s and probably a door. decklid is off of that blue 67 i posted in the gallery at the junkyard ( PO happened to see the car at the yard too and snagged it ). has rust. was a beach car so it has a good amount of rust. not sure how many miles it has, nor is that a big concern. ill put up pics tomorrow of it all. :)

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
congrats on your find i love to hear rescue storys steve. here is your info
7f91a506859
Door Plate Data 65c t fd 05k 52 0 w
Model Year 1967
Assembly Plant Dearborn, Michigan
Body Style Standard, Hardtop
Engine Model 289-4V
Sequential Number 6859
Exterior Color Cardinal Red
Interior Trim Pastel Parchment Crinkle--All Vinyl with Red
Date Code OCTOBER 05
District Sales Office Los Angeles, CA
Axle Ratio/Type 2.79 Non-Locking
Transmission Model C-4 Automatic

·
Registered
965 Posts
Did you get a title with the car where you can put it back on the street. In Fl. you have to apply for a salvage title which follows the car thereafter. How is it is Calif.?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, the car is street worthy and driveable. only thing i found that doesnt work is the non-stock radio. its currently registered and titled as well. i just have to go and transfer it to my name and insure it. no biggie at all. as far as a salvage title, here that only really applys to cars that were damaged/ rebuilt wrecks / or other non desireable things. so far this car seems clean with regards to that.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Congrats Steve!!:D and its a 67 too...now yer talkin' :p: I guess that's the advantage of being a bodyman. Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hmmm, and I can't even get one Cougar.
lol, sounds like a good find, do big smokey burnouts.

·
Registered
763 Posts
quick quick show those pics, we can't wait....
Congrats and good luck with the new toy.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
yup i have the car, and i took pics... BUT i left my camera at work lol. i went to the SoCal Cougar Club meeting in it too lol. it would possibly make a good builder... BUT the body is very rusty. i was looking at it today and it seems that the only salvagable panels are the two front fenders. appears that the cowl leaks too, and basically every panel will need to be replaced. thats coming from a guy whose seen alot of cars. i think you can all see where this is going lol... the salt air from the ocean ate this car up. im almost afraid to look at the floorboards. although im sure ill get a good look soon. oh yeah, and it ran out of gas on me today too lol

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just put some pics up in the gallery of the car... soon as tehy are approved you can see the heap in all its glory. well, kind of...l i used an old digital camera that sucks to take the pics. ill get better ones soon. i promise lol

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Gee Steve. Looks pretty good to me, but I live in rust hell(new england). I hope you fix it up, there aren't too many of then left.

Bruce

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the beater is getting alot of attention. im sure not all of it good but still gets a few good looks. dunno why but im almost having regrets that i bought the 67... i mean, its full of rust holes, its ugly and the hood flaps in the wind over 40 mph. but it runs sooooo friggin good that its alot of fun to drive. ayy.. what to do what to do. oh yeah, other people with 67/8s... the headlights dont seem to want to pop up anymore. its like the vacuum is holding them closed, and it wont pop up when i pull the switch. they worked fine yesterday but now they refuse to pop up. even when i pull on them. for now i flipped the check valve around so i can pull them by hand open and close, but i like having working doors. any help?

·
Registered
197 Posts
So coooool pics. Looks like it was well used.
Sounds like your already into repair. Is it still
under warranty? What will you do with a car like this?
will it be parts or restored? Just would like to know
cause there are no more cars like this around here in the Canadian salty North, they have all gone to the
great crusher in the sky! What a shame.
:( :(

1 - 20 of 84 Posts