Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as the title says, I found a huge Intermediate shop manual in boxes for my 67 Cougar. I was looking for a particular part to see if I had it and was opening up some boxes that had the tail lights in them as I haven't really gone through them completely yet and at the bottom was this manual.

So if anyone would like a section from this book please let me know and I will scan and email a section for you in pdf format for a fair donation via Paypal as I will have to go in and sit at my work copier and scan it to pdf so it makes up for a little of my time.

Let me know what you need or PM me.

Here is a couple of pics from this manual. I actually have never seen a book so comprehensive and explanatory as this sucker is almost 3 inches thick.

Here's a couple of pics but it even goes though the heating, ducting, ac, electrical, rebuilding the tranny, engine, carb, distributor, etc, etc...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Simply an amazing find...I've looked for one of these on e-bay with no luck. Would have been willing to pay at least a hundred for 1! lol

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Problem is the size...the original manuals are much larger than the 8.5" by 11" new reprints. This doesn't seems like a big deal until you get the electrical section and try to follow those lines! lol My buddy has one of the factory ones for a mustang and it was huge compared to an Osborne.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this one is big and if I scan it to a high quality pdf file you can zoom in to whatever you want on your computer and print part that you want in whatever size.

This is a big book not the smaller reprints. The year of print on the inside of this is 67 in Oakville, Ontario. I may scan the whole thing and offer it on here for download as it is handy and detailed and will sure help allot of us out. There is stuff in here that I was stuck on for ages trying to Google for answers! This manual looks like it was actually a dealerships copy as I found an old card in it from a dealership in Alberta, Canada as well as an original warranty service card from 67'.

The more I look through it the more I find.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
How much larger than 8.5x11 is it? I have the 68 manual printed in Nov 67 and it's 8.5x11. It's a original not a reprint. Mine does not say intermediate on it either. Cool find you have there. Mine was in a box of parts that came with my car also.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have an original 1967 shop manual. The cover looks exactly the same as the one in restomodcougar's original post. First printing march of 1967. The manual is 8 1/2 x 10 5/8 inches. I guess its possible Ford printed shop manuals in several sizes over the years but I can't believe they printed manuals of differing size in the same year. Any one that has a jumbo service manual care to post its dimensions and some pictures to back it up? Restomodcougar what are the dimensions of your manual?

Bill

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are right as this book is 8-3/4" x 11" x 2-1/2" thick but I think what Hellcat may of been referring too is that allot of the reprints are condensed versions usually fitting a drawing and the descriptions on one page instead of 2 like another reprint manual I have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts