Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a chance to work on the Cougar today. It was a good day, even though I found a few problems. I assembled the front grille, valance, bumper, stone deflector, and started to primer it. It has been yellow zinc for about 7 years, time to make it grey again :D The left headlight bucket is broken so I need to find another one of them, the valance is dented so I need to fix that, and both front bumpers I have arent that good. One's bent, and the other one is flaking by the top bolts, but is very straight, so Im not worried about that much, right now anyways. It felt great working on the car again, and I will again tomorrow too, maybe get my welder back and even finish off the floor pan so I can get the interior ready to put in. I also called the guy doing my motoe, but he's on holidays for awhile, but his kid said its almost done, so I will hopefully get it back end of the month :D Then its cruizing time hopefully.

Rick

Im just glad the front end is on, its been along time since its been together, and it totally put me in the mood to get it working. I will take pix tomorrow of my progress.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well good to hear somebody has been able to work on thier cougar just wish I could work on mine but I guess September will roll around soon enough. Really glad to hear about it Rick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts