Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I bought my paint finally!!!:D I went to a different paint store and I got the color from a sherwin williams rod and custom color fan. Its called saphire blue and the stripes will be silver. Its kinda like a royal blue with a little metalflake and pearl in it. I think it is going to be a bold color!!!

Project update: I pulled the doors (xr7 wiring is a pain to get out of doors!!!), trunk lid, rear window (it was leaking), spoiler, scoop, tail lights ... My garage looks like wvcat exploded with all the comp blue parts laying & hanging around...lol

Thanks for all the advice everyone!!!
John
wvcat

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
you going with the Eliminator style stripes? or a custom thing? sounds killer man. i might have to steal it. hmm, just thought of another design too. damn im feeling creative today lol

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hood stripe is gone and the scoop will be silver. The wing is still up in the air as well as the side stripes but I don't think they will be eliminator stripes. I plan on laying some tape out until I run across something I like. I do have something in mind and a couple little touches to suprise you with when its done if look right when I lay them out.
John
wvcat

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
John

Why don't you mix up a slighly lighter shade of blue for the spoiler to give it a bit of contrast. You could use silver on the pedastals and for a stripe on trailing edge of the spoiler.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
John, glad to hear you got the colors picked out and purchased, but with the price of paint I figured a man would have to rob a bank to pay for it! So keep out of sight up there in them hills!! Or maybe you been cooking something up, up in them hills!! If its the latter I'm coming over for a nip!! LOL mm

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Leon,
I was thinking of doing a flip flop and painting the spoiler silver and puting blue stripes on it. What do you think?

Hey Mark,
I can remember drinking cold beverages from mason jars not so long ago, and I know someone that could find some but unfortunatly I am not making any cash on that deal. I ended up paying 53 dollars a quart for the blue and 18 bucks for the pint of silver. The clear I bought was a middle of the road product and cost just over 40 bucks and the activator was just under 40 bucks. I have used it before so I'm know the quality is good.
John
wvcat

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
40 bucks for clear??? what, is that a quart????? if so thats still cheaper than what i paid for what i used on my car. i bought RM Diamont DC92 ( now its illegal, well, for completes ) and that was, errrr, around 170 i think.... after discounts about 150 or so.with catalyst too.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey 69 you have to remember most of us don't live in california...lol Thats a gallon of clear made by sherwin williams. Its in the western line of products. If its that exspensive for you you should buy it online even if you have to have it shipped to someone in a different state and then have a new label put on and shipped to you. It woul;d probably still be cheaper.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hmm, ive never used their clear, but errr, i dont have much of a comment on Westerns Hi-Glo line..... i know that their clear sells for like $80 out here for a gallon with the catalyst. ive heard that its good stuff from some people, but isnt it a clear synthetic enamel?? im not sure offhand about that but im used to Urethane clears. and you out of state folks could probably still buy laquer even ( no we cant ... at all.. but yes, i still have some he he ) never used the Sherman Williams brand stuff either so i dunno.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
the driver side reverse bezel is in the US Mail today. headin your way. it is 4 bucks for shipping. it is not enough to bother with.
It is not the best but will do until you can find a better one or get it replated. it is not blistered though.

cool

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Pay it sideways.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah Mark it seems I did considering its a custom color.
Hey Rich I'm not sure what pay it sideways means but it seems I'm always wheeling and dealing on something...lol
69 I went down and looked at the can its western select overall topcoat, I didn't see anything on the can that says its synthetic or urethane so who knows, now I have to go and check the sw website and find out....you know inquiring minds have to know...lmao
John

1 - 13 of 13 Posts