Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
well at the end of this upcomming year as many of you know i am tearing my 70 apart for the 5th and final time.As i am gathering the rounds of parts comes a pretty complicated situation. THE REAR CLIP. The car was involved in a side collision in 1981-82 (somewhere in that timeframe) and the passengers door jamb area had to be fixed from another cougar donar.Theres to much filler in the jamb areas cause both 1/4s were replaced. Iwant that authentic look of seeing the factory overlap.What should i do? Theres way to much filler in the jambs Should i replace the jambs or the rear 1/4s completly? Finding a good shape rear clip for a 69-70 is tougher then the needle in a haystack senario. I need some input from you all. The car is going to get stripped to nothing but the shell and redone correctly. Everything thats new on it will be bagged,wrapped and put away safely, as well as the interior and the top.But i have a idea on everything but this rear clip senario.
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
try this guy

(1) 69 Rear Clip Assy: complete rear half of Cougar that is cut forward of door jams through rear floor pans and across roof in approximate same location. Wreck-free 1/4 panels that appear to have original factory paint. No rust or repaired rust ever. Excellent trunk floor and trunk extensions. Decklid is in place and has shallow dent on left corner; $1250 w/ decklid or $1100 w/o decklid.

I am located in North Central Indiana. The listed body panels are too large to ship UPS, and I would ask that interested buyers pick up in person or arrange alternate transportation. Also, many other good used parts available for 69-70 Cougars that can be easily shipped. Phone and/or e-mail inquiries are welcome. Please reply directly to [email protected] for my phone number. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The listed body panels are too large to ship UPS, and I would ask that interested buyers pick up in person or arrange alternate transportation.

be to expensive to go from indiana to florida If it was a bit closer perhaps, but i know jeff giffen used a hardtop 1/4 on his 70 vert but that is 1 i never have tried to do.
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its ok thanks for the listing though
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I been saved!!!
I showed a friend in here about my dilema and he purchased a rear clip about a year ago from lin thurston and he no longer needs the rear clip so he offered it to me and i have found a rear clip for the polar cat prodject. After this i basically covered all tracks of the sheetmetal .GUY i owe ya a big one man not often i come across good friends like this in here. Especially ones like yourself thanks again...
pat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i sure hope so rick, this is it man no more tearing it down n rebuilding it ,
thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
PAT, good luck. we just cot the rr clip on the 70 428 eliminator. What a job, but was easier than i thought. thank goodness i have abodyman that tells me what to do! geoff

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
PAT, good luck. we just cot the rr clip on the 70 428 eliminator. What a job, but was easier than i thought. thank goodness i have abodyman that tells me what to do! geoff

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pat, You hooked me up... I'll hook you up. It saves both of us a lot of money...

Hey Goeff,
That's one way to become one of the 10 top posters... Guy

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GEOFF,
you got a repeat button on your keyboard? LOL... Iowe ya guy you made my day after that and if i was living near you i be there helping you w/ the eliminator prodject..
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
sometimes I wish I lived in the US, just to come and help some of you out :( Then wish I lived in Oz, and South Africa, and Sweden, and,and,and,......

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Forget the other places just pass go and move directly to SA, we need your help more desperately. By the way, what is the rear clip????

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the back 1/2 of the car
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
rear subframe, 1/4's., trunk, the rear end of the car :D Dayle, I really do want to take my kids on an African Safari before its all gone. Hopefully in the next few years things will be better for us and we can do it. We'll keep in touch.

Rick

1 - 20 of 21 Posts