Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, was just curious, (me and my friend have the 351) does anyone know what the stock HP ratings (the real ones, not the 250, and 290 Ford gave out) are on the 351 Windsor?

Also, if anyone has any dyno charts, or links to them reguarding this engine, please post them!

Thanks again

Chris

·
Registered
166 Posts
Depends on 2v or 4v...

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have desktop dyno ....But I need To know alot more about the engine for and accurate reading ......such as any mods, valve size, exhaust,and carb size, intake dual or single ,camshaft and lastly compression ratio.... Hope to help Lance

personally I think this dyno is ok pretty close to claimed numbers...

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
with the desktop dyno and the specs for a 69 4v 351W , it said 253 hp at 4500 rpm. thats with a 416 lift cam, 600 cfm carb, dual plane manifold, stock exhaust, 184 intake and 153 exhaust valves with stock ports. and the factory 10.25 compression ratio. the main limiting factors on this engine seem to be exhaust and cam limitations. i ran my engines combo on there too and got a figure of 285 hp. thats with less compression and the same cam. same carb, manifold but with headers and through thte mufflers. i know the cam on here limits alot. bigger valves would help alot too. ever take a look at the ports on a C9OE head?? maybe im used to the big ass Cleveland ones i have sitting around, but damn they look tiny. esp the exhaust ones.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i would have to say at the crank....that is what my desk dyno uses ...and it sounds about right.....

lance

:klo:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
at this point i would be happy to say i made 285 hp to the ground in a daily driver. but this is crank hp he he

1 - 9 of 9 Posts