Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! It's been almost a year since my last confession er, I mean login. I have spent the time saving money to finish out my car. I am pleased to announce the time has come! I have settled on a paint shop and will be taking it apart to get it to them over the next few weeks. I have also started to order some pretty cool parts. So for now just wanted to say hello and to warn you all the questions will begin again!! lol it's good to be back!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Here's hoping (seriously) that you don't get stuck in "body shop jail"!

Good luck and we're here if you need us!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this forum has helped A LOT, my thanks to all of you for that. I have done a lot of looking and have some really good referrals for this paint shop. Fingers crossed it goes well. I've heard some real horror stories.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
You can lay your sins -- er, I mean questions out there for all to see...so what are you going for resto/resto-mod/other? A good paint job ain't cheap these days for sure - so I hope it goes well too! Even if you do it yourself it's in the $500-$800 range for materials - and that's if you don't screw it up! LOL Ask me how I know....:cry: Finally broke down and let the pro do it.....money well spent! (I still want to practice and get it down for myself though - I used to be able to with the old enamels)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes this will be a restomod. I’ve rebuilt the 351C put in a C6 and added a Detroit locker already. I’ve done a Shelby drop and added some roller spring perches too. While it’s apart for paint I’ve ordered a TCP export brace and some Billet hood hindges. I’m just about to order the concept one serpentine pulley system and will replace the factory air with a vintage air unit.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Currently I have the interior and carpet out, the floorpans are in surprisingly good shape. I am struggling with getting the dash and top off. I will be tackling that over the next week or so. I hope to have it ready to go to the paint shop in 6 weeks. I will leave the blasting sanding and prep work to them. <o:p></o:p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts