Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,I understand that we got new people runnin this deal. But HOW THE FU*K do we have 425 of our members ONLINE @ 00:14 AM! JUST ASKIN!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allright, this is the deal.I'm going to PM everyone online(Supposidly) that our GREAT NEW what is her name administrador( check spelling) MS. #10 on rep power with NO credentials from a to z and figure out if this is just all BULLSH*t.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gary,I just thought it was me hallucinating. Now if MS. #10 would just answer me it would be good! And if her Hubby would like a pastel blue 70 Eliminator then it would br great!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
These are people that have checked the keep me logged in box so they will always show up...This is a guess on my part.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Bosscat40, the 425 is the total of online users between members and guests. At 00:48 there were 365 online users, 47 members and 318 guests. :) John

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
It is probably all the guests that are flocking here because of the new owners skill at generating hits.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks guys for letting me vent, and keep me from melting down.My cougar friends are the best! (By the way "Clevey" is still for sale"). I was just trying to PM one of our "People" and Wholly Crap all ya'll sons of bitc*es were online! I didn't know what to do.Now,If she's reading this How much does a 1970 Boss 302 intake cost with shipping included? Just askin- she's got a 10 on rep power! Bonus - do you know how to torque it?

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I have a tendency to log in and stay that way all day/evening, and just wander over once in a while to see what's new.

Same thing at work: when I need a break, since I don't smoke, I check on here to see what's new.

If I have an all night job on the computer (the machine, not me), I can forget to log out of Mc.net and It will show me as logged in.

Jean

·
Administrator
304 Posts
ahhh I have a name THANKS!!!!! It's Helena.

And would you like the cost in Canadian dollars or in American?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Q: Does it *really* matter if the number of people online as counted by this software is accurate?
Seriously?
A: Not to me, but I'm not you.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Boss man, ah, you hung over this morning? Jeez man! Or maybe holiday stress gettin' to 'ya? Have you seen the banner at the top of the page? It is off!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!! :buck:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I wonder if having this site on your phone would make it seem like many people are "online" if the phone keeps it active. My phone (Eris HTC droid) is always logged on yet I might not be using it necessarily.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To all on the site.I'd like to apologise for my stupid ranting on this post last night. I was wrong doing my venting here. I just had a sendoff for my nephew( he's going to afghanistan and I have a feeling he won't come back)! I was feeling sorry for myself and let it out here.Again my apologies...Dave

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Dave,

It was no biggie, at least to me. You are among friends and being human is permitted. Best wishes and luck to your nephew.

Regards,

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
Why do we keep bringing Helena's REP power? It was addressed a week ago...

Don't judge before there's something to judge. As for her rep power, She started with 10 because that's what the software starts admins at by default. Considering the almost complete lack of use of rep on the site, not sure why anyone is keened in on it. Also, they own the site, they could have 8000 rep if she wanted to.
If it was up to me, I would remove the REP system entirely. It only causes problems.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Why do we keep bringing Helena's REP power? It was addressed a week ago...

If it was up to me, I would remove the REP system entirely. It only causes problems.
I agree, some don't care, some might like it. I think Helena should start a poll on that.

I don't think I ever read the privacy statement before the acquisition, so I'm not implying that anything has changed, but the current one is worth the 5 minutes it takes to read. There is an opt-out link for web-tracking ad-customizing cookie munching stuff. Interesting read. Seems to be a lot of people out there working hard to get their ad in front of your eyes.

Edit: Bosscat... godspeed to your nephew.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Allright, this is the deal.I'm going to PM everyone online(Supposidly) that our GREAT NEW what is her name administrador( check spelling) MS. #10 on rep power with NO credentials from a to z and figure out if this is just all BULLSH*t.
I think your just ornry because your rep power is 1 and you've been here longer than the administrator! LOL

P.S. I really do not know how it is calculated and like many, really do not care about it.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts

The holidays can be stressful.

X2 on the poll for rep points. I don't like the rep point system either.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts