Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so back when i was 17 i got a not running pile of junk 79 mercury cougar xr7 with a 351w. i got it running and after that i fell in love with it. i got it all restored and did a couple performance mods on it as well just for fun. i haven't felt this way about any other car. my parents made me get rid of it because there was a VERY small oil leak that i could not fix. so i had to get rid of it. since then i have tried to replace the car with restoring another car, a 1983 volvo wagon with a turbo and intercooler, but its just not the same. i want my baby back i think about it a lot and want to just take her for a long drive. i also have a 2008 bmw 335xi but in all truthfulness i would take the cougar over that car in a heart beat. and the weird thing is my cougar is the most beautiful thing in the world to me but all the other 79 mercury cougars are not pretty i just think myn is. the best simile that i can think of ,but still sucks, is its like my girlfriend left me to be with another guy. its a feeling that is so hard to shake. im 18 now and i have the vin # and all the info on the car but i dont have the money even if the owner would want to sell it to me. and what if he changed it. i dont think it would be the same. what should i do? the first girl i actually loved was my mercury cougar <3 the photos attached are from the day i sold it :/ kinda hard to look at when u want it back this bad

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
and its jjust gonna get worse the older u get and the more cars u trade. i can name about 5 or 6 that i'd give my left nut to have back.

but i had to chuckle.....u tried restoring a volvo wagon and it just wasnt the same hahahahaha that cracked me up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah haha it has a rebuild title and i work 3 jobs. im an emt, paid fire fighter and work at holester. haha when i write it out my third job doesn't seem right. i think im gonna quit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i need a freakin american car. haha foreign cars are so gay and break hella and are too hard to fix. ive been having nothing but trouble with my volvo since the day i got it. i fix one thing another breaks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Give him a lot of credit, Volvos are tough and usually run high miles before they are done. True, they need maintenance , and it's usually pretty spendy, but if you can do things yourself, you can manage to keep costs down. Tough to find that old car, I've been trying to find a '67 Mustang but it's probably been made into a fastback by now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
yeah haha it has a rebuild title and i work 3 jobs. im an emt, paid fire fighter and work at holester. haha when i write it out my third job doesn't seem right. i think im gonna quit.
haha yeah, prob should quit the designer baggy jeans and boxer biz if u cant even spell their name right :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts