Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok OK OK ......since this all started in the year of our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Seventy Eight.....when it was "Cape May" and Bruce was doing his first shows at "The Stone Pony" ....the rest of America thought "Asbury Park" was a Beatles Song .......I was 17 and Spent the Summer on the Boardwalk dropping every quarter I could find into this incredibly cheesy but cool as all get out "Drag Racing Video Game" one of those big giant wooden things with a red knobbed shift handle that somehow held up to all kinds of abuse....LOL..My Best Friend "Charlie" who would eventually be the Best Man at my wedding spent the summer kickin my ass on this game ....I was always determined to beat him......and don't think I ever did...he would goad me in by calling me "*****" and I of course called him "CHICKEN" ...just like the T-Shirt on the Boardwalk with the Cat and the Chicken........so its now the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Seventeen and the TV is full of Drag Race Shows full of Smack Talkin Mid West guys callin each other out for Drag Racing Games...LOL I'm very proud to not have advanced even one step past the Boardwalk and still use "CHICKEN" and will never quit until I beat Charlie aka "*****" on that Video Game .....my wife no longer gives me quarters ...so I went out and bought a Drag Cat......please see the attached Video to hear the PROPER way to execute a call out for a Drag Race

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8tanaq750ywbu73/Grudge race Call Out Chevy Starter.mov?dl=0

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
I like that! (plus ten characters)

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Where's the closest track to you now? The one midway up NY? New England Dragway 2nd closest?
I believe the closest to me now would be Atco Dragway which is about a 1:15 drive. Second closest would be Island Dragway at about 1:50 drive. Neither of these thrill me as Raceway Park is 38 minutes away from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts