Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You need to resize the picture. The size is limited. I am getting ready to leave for church but if you don't find someone to resize it for you I would do it later for you. I will be out most of the day doing the family thing but when I get home I'll check back to see if you got it posted.
Good Luck
John

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
toby, if you like, send me the picture by email and I will resize it for you, then send it back.

Rick

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Gallery Picture

How do I put my picture in the gallery? I too, don't know too much about computers.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
329 Posts
resize pictures

I to don't know how resize a picture need someone to tell us step by step in words how to resize.:D steelcat 70 XR7 ragtop

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
In order to resize a picture, you need a photo editing program, or you can use Windows paintbrush ( but its not that good). Go into image (usually on the top of the program) on the program, then click on resize image. A good size for the internet is 320x240 pixels, and the memory used around 200-250 kb. If you have problems doing this, send me a couple and I will resize them for you and send them back, I have a real good editing program and takes no time at all when I get around to it.

Rick

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
If you are using MS Paint or Paintbrush to resize the picture make sure you save it as a jpeg format

To use MS Paint

1 Start | Programs | Accessories | Paint - will open Paint

2 Open the file - set type of file drop down as all files or all picture files to help find the file

3 Select Image from menu bar and then Stretch and Skew

4 Enter new values for Horizontal and Vertical (less than 100 for smalle - greater than 100 for larger) - It is best to enter the same number to keep the phot proportional - Click on OK

5 Select Image from Menu Bar and Attributes. Set units to pixels. and see if size is around 320 x 240 - Click OK

6 Repeat 3,4,5 until you get the image to roughly the right size

7 Save the image - From File Menu select Save As

8 Enter a File Name

9 From Save as Type drop down - select JPEG File Interchange Format

10 Click Save

This should creata file that is good to load on the Internet

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Picture is downloaded-But where?

Rick, I think I have my picture of my car downloaded here but, I can't find it!:cry:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks Rick!

Sometimes computers drive me nuts! Thanks a bunch!:)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Name?

I've called her Squirrelly Shirley and/or Loosey Lucy because the bushings are shot and no one can find the special tool to replace them!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey, Kitty...

I liked the 500MB photo better myself. It was big enough to see the detail on the front chrome. Pity that web sites are so picky about precious disk space :)1poke: to Logan.)

I wonder if anyone will notice the "similarity" between your 72 and mine...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
The one thing I noticed about Cougar Kitty's car, is she parks it on a rug. Talk about spoiled.

Rick

·
Registered
364 Posts
but i digress...

A better way to get the size of the photo file down without ending up with a pic so small you can't see detail is to get Photoshop or another good quality photo editing program. With Photoshop, you simply open your large photo file, do whatever editing you might need, click "save as," type in another name (so you don't lose the high resolution original) and then when it asks for the image quality, choose 5 or 6. Your large photo file will then be saved at the same screen size but a smaller file size. If it is still too large, you can go through the process again, but usually not a third time.

There is a loss of quality, but it is normally undetectable. What Photoshop does is delete some of the pixels and blend the missing ones into the ones that surround it. This means that a large area that is one solid color can be saved without noting what color each pixel is. They're all the same color, so it doesn't matter. Where some quality might be lost is in shadowed or highlighted areas.

By the way, Leon, I like the new avatar. reminds me of a recent conversation...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Emblem

Chas, Your emblem is located farther back then mine. I looked at mine and it is right to the edge of the front of the hood and there looks like a factory punched hole underneath with a cable mechinism attached to the emblem of a walking cougar. Also, there are two small slots on the top of the hood where the base of the emblem slides in perfectly with catch like hooks. Someone must have been damn good to put that emblem on! I still think mine is factory.

·
Registered
519 Posts
As a professional graphic designer I highly recommend Photoshop, however the price is a bit steep for the 'average user.' An excellent alternative is Adobe Photoshop Elements. It's much less expensive and has some real useful features.

Another alternative is Paintshop Pro which is also priced much lower than Photoshop but is very comparable.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopel/main.html

http://www.jasc.com/products/psp/

Be sure to try the demos ;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Emblems both missing

Chas, your car is missing the grill emblem too but, mine is a oblong round base and yours is rectanguar. I have no idea what is supposed to go there. Do you?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Kitty...

I don't quite get what you mean about "the base" and I don't have your large photo file on my computer anymore. The cache got cleared before I could save it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts