Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn’t there any one who can tell for shore wat a original valvecover to a 1970 351 cl 4V should look like ?
I gay wants to trade the ones at the picture for my Micke/Thompson alu valvecovers.
Is that a fair change ?

Anyone Please ?? send a picture of a un restored engine compartment involving 351 cl 4V -70
SwedeCougar

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
keep yours

I dont have any pictures for you but I wouldnt trade the factory ones straight up.Not for Micky thompsons.Odds are hes getting ribbed for having them on his .Hesgotta do much better.Dan

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one who has the M/T covers is me, And the other gay has got the ones in the picture.
I´m looking for a pair of original Valve covers. for my Green 70 Ht Cougar
Any suggestion ? :1poke:

·
Registered
889 Posts
my mistake

Im sure some people in here can locate some but the shipping to sweden will cost some dough.But I will keep an eye out at the swaps.Heck I live 30 miles from the plant that built that engine.Its a shame its not made any more.

·
Registered
67 Posts
valve covers

From what I've been able to find is the 70-71 covers had "Powered by Ford" and the Ford logo. Later years only had the Ford logo. In 71 both sides used the same part number but in 70 the right and left side covers were different part numbers. The bolts/washers were blue and the tune up sticker was on the shock tower side, forward end of the drivers side cover. It's getting hard to find a good set of the "Powered by Ford" covers (not pitted or dented). Mine on my 70 eliminator were in pretty good shape. If you want me to post a photo let me know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts