Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general inquiry here guys, figured someone could shed some light on the subject. I ran the data plate on my '68 and it has DSO code 93. Also the car is optioned weird, XR7 guts and trim, no vinyl top, manual drums, no ac or ps. Almost seems like it was optioned to be cheap and easy to work on/get parts for. I would appreciate any feedback on the subject.
thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
There were 746 '68 XR-7s built with a DSO code of 90-99. Vinyl tops, A/C & PS were options on most models (I believe GT-Es came standard with PS). Manual drums were standard on most models (I believe GT-Es came standard with PB). One way to possibly find out how many cars were produced with a DSO code of 93, is order a "Marti Report" for your car from here: www.martiauto.com . Click on left side where it says "Marti Report". You'll probably have to get the "Deluxe" report since the "Standard" report doesn't show how many were built with any DSO codes. Good luck, John

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
My 1968 XR7 is an export DSO. From memory, it is a DSO 91.

Also a stripped down XR7.

302-4V, 3 speed stick, drum brakes, manual steering, no vinyl top.

The owners manual indicated FMC New Jersey, as the pick up/destination. As quickly as it arrived in SoCal (correct 1968 California Black Plates), indicates to me that it never left the country. I have always wondered if this car was ordered by a returning GI from Vietnam.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Scott, do you have the Marti report for your '68 XR-7? If so, do you have the Deluxe or Elite report and where the DSO info is in the "Statistics" column, is the number less than the total number of '68 XR-7 Exports that I listed in post #2? Thanks John

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Scott, do you have the Marti report for your '68 XR-7? If so, do you have the Deluxe or Elite report and where the DSO info is in the "Statistics" column, is the number less than the total number of '68 XR-7 Exports that I listed in post #2? Thanks John
I have not gotten a Marti report for this car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts