Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know with any confidence that the cat you just searched for and bought is really worth what you paid for it?

Case in point:

I bought a 122k 68 XR7 390 (rebuilt) that was restored 8 years ago. It's got a few problems (mostly minor) and is in very good condition.

I paid 9K for it...and couldn't be happier considering how hard it is to find a nice big block car. And it's virtually impossible here in MN.

Lemme know about your experiences...especially recent purchases...

Ken

·
Registered
519 Posts
I'd say you have exactly what I've always wanted in a Cougar. A big block XR-7 with minimal restoration in a 67/68 body style. :D

Did you pay to much, probably not and everytime a ricer or 5.0 Mustang rolls up on you and see's those 7.0 side badges you're getting your money's worth right there. :D

From what I've seen your car looks crisp and I only wish I had that kind of cash available when I was shopping for a car but then that's another story. ;)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...that's exactly what I was thinking when I bought it!!! It was almost exactly what I wanted (GT-E or XR7 GT 390 was what I really wanted - but doesn't everyone?:D )

I do like the look of your ride too Evil...it has a righteous look. Sits exactly the way I wanna make mine sit...

Ken

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
$$$$$$$$?????????

Sounds fair to me! Very nice car BTW ;-) Below is from NADA.

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://hometown.aol.com/timbrands/Cougar.html

Model: XR7 2 DOOR HARDTOP
Weight: 3,157
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price: $3,232
Low Retail: $4,800
Average Retail: $8,700
High Retail: $13,050

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Equipment
Add-390 4v V8 Engine: 35 %
Add-Air Conditioning: 10 %

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals
Total Low Retail: $6,960
Total Average Retail: $12,615
Total High Retail: $18,923

1 - 6 of 6 Posts