Mercury Cougar Owners banner

How much is my project worth? 68 Cougar

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bad69cat 
#1 ·
Vehicle is 90% complete.

All body work complete. (Sandblasted entire vehicle. New metal where needed. Car has been primered (2k Urethane) and block sanded).
No rust at all. Frame is solid. Car is perfect.
Motor completely rebuilt. (original 289) Everything in the engine bay is new or rebuilt.
Rear-end (3.00) and transmission (C4) rebuilt with all new components.
All new brakes, suspension, fuel components.
New interior pieces.
Every part needed to complete this car is included (bumpers, valences, interior pieces, weather stripping, seals, headliner, chrome trim, etc). Motor, transmission, rear end, suspension, brakes, fuel tank are already installed. Car includes new set of Torque Thrust II wheels and tires.
Car was done right. No expense spared. Over $16k invested.
All it needs is paint and then glass and interior put back in. Car has been primered and sanded. Ready for the paint booth. Could be finished in no time at all.
Hood and trunk lid not in photo, but they have also been prepped, primered, and sanded.
I will also throw in factory manuals for installing interior, electrical diagrams, chiltons, and everything else I have for the car.
I have the title in hand.

Willing to take trades and reasonable offers.

My question to the group is: What is a reasonable offer? What should I ask?

See less See more
#2 ·
The bad. Low to mid teens at most. You will take a loss on it, which I'm sure you already know. The good. If she runs and is ready for paint, there are alot of guys that will happily take projects off your hands. The hard part is already done. Post some pics, VIN, all that good stuff. Guarantee someone here will be interested...

#3 ·
VIN: 8F91C587279

This is my 3rd Cougar Restoration.

In the Army. This was my post-deployment project. Getting assigned across the country. Hate to let it go. I understand I will take a loss. Just trying to see what the market is these days.

Located in Manhattan, KS.

I have not started it but everything, and I mean everything has been professionally redone. I didnt want to run fluids through it in the off chance I had to store it for awhile.

Having trouble uploading on the site but here is the pics on photobucket: (I have thousands of photos and can provide more if needed)

http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh546/gjfust/

#4 ·
Any way you could just finnish it? Hate to see you lose on all you time and efffort, but I doubt you would get what you got in it if it was painted and running anyway....just won't lose as much. Hard to get much out of a non-running project no matter how nice. If I were to buy something like that honestly more than 5k I'd walk away. Considering the paint is gonna run north of 2k, and there's a lot of time in assembly left, and who knows how much else is going to need doing....for a car that wouldn't get 12-16k finnished. That's the problem with having the car bug - easy to get underwater. I look at this way - you lose less on a classic than you would on a modern driver - but it's almost always a loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.