Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get your name listed as a "contributing member"? I've kicked in several times over the years, but I never got credit for it.(NOT SEEKING credit, just curious)
Is there a bottom dollar amount, or do you have to ask to get it added to your sig?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
My theory is that Logan couldn't match a donation to a member unless the same email address was used for paypal as on this site (mine don't match). I don't think there was a minimum donation. I never bothered Logan to get the "contributor" merit badge either.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
same here. was never a big deal to me.
Some forums I use now have a star system with 1-4 bronze to platinum stars for contributors.
meh.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Other sites I used to frequent when I had those cars (ie: M45, Saab) put a series of $$$ symbols under your name if there was a domain problem that negated the words "contributing member" from being added to your profile.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
------------------------------
Donate through the "Paid Subscriptions" tab. This will link the contribution with your account. $10 minimum.

Next, select Contributing Member under "Permission Groups"

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I kinda wondered the same thing. Evidently I didn't pick the correct check boxes - Oh well. It's about time to do it again anyway. Hopefully the new owners will treat us good enough to warrant it.....don't want my bandwidth eaten up by ads though! Spoiled for quite awhile werent' we! ;>)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I wondered too.

It is time to kick in again but I'm gonna hold off for a bit, see where the new owners take us.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I think that the new owners will let us know what a "reduced advertising" membership will cost. It seems like the point of donating to Logan was to keep the site up and relatively free of advertising, so this may accomplish some what the same thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts