Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how many cats are in the Detroit area?I see a couple different ones but not many!

·
Registered
144 Posts
There are a few...

There is my 1971 429CJ-R hardtop (see photo gallery under 1971). I have seen a 1969 *really straight'n'shiney* black "Eliminator" convertible that I always seem to battle for a first place trophy (we're at about 50/50 now). There are a few real Eliminators (428CJ & Boss 302) known to prowl about. And of course if you are really lucky, you'll get to see Henry Ford II's prototype GTE (it doesn't get out much).

·
Registered
76 Posts
There are lots of Cougars here. I don't take mine to many shows but I have a Green '68 XR-7. I have been talking to a guy with a 'G" that is in the area. Before I moved from Westland last year there were 2 Cougars in my sub. A burgundy '68 and a yellow '70 XR-7. I might take mine to the dream cruise this year. I have never been with or without my car.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I just posted this on 'one sharp 70 'vert' but:
The guy that owns that '70 ragtop answered my email complementing his cat. He call it "a good 25 footer" and lives in a suburb of Detroit. His name is Mike Hutchison and is on cougar.net under Hutch-70Vert.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Any of you Mo-town bubbas near Allen Park?

don

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm in Canton which is about 20-25 minutes from Allen Park. I used to work in Allen Park at a Ford building there. Why?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I grew up there... Went to Melvindale(duckburg) Highschool. I left in 78 when I joined the NAVY. I live in Cali now. I had a 73 cougar back then........ Did alot of the Hines Drive thing 'till they put up the no parking signs all over the place

Don:D:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well Hines drive is still there. I still cruise with the Cougar but it is different when you have 2 car seats in the back. The kids love to go for rides though!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Ahhhh.. Those were the days.... Nothin' to do but wax the ole 73, crank up the stereo listen to some Bob Seger, Drink some brew, play some frisbi:p: ....................... Life was good... oh yeah...... gas......................... was $0.37 cents.............Times haxe changed

THAT WAS 1976:eek2:

Don:1poke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts