Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
About 16,000 Total Sport Specials. there were 4 differant Sport special packages. Lettered A,B,C,D. Which do you have?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would imagine that you'll have to obtain a Marti report to get the answer to your basic question. The A, B, C, and D Sports Special packages included escalating level of equipment (tires, trim, handling package, Decor package, etc.) which did not include a bench seat.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Would the 3rd digit in the vin tell if the bench seat is original to the car?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Would the 3rd digit in the vin tell if the bench seat is original to the car?
Nothing in the Vin to indicate a bench seat. The body code of 65C or the interior code of 4? or D?.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
On the door plate Interior is listed as Trim !

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The door tag is as follows
65C P 4A 15E 6 X
Body Color Trim Date Axel Trans

I appreciate any help that I can recieve .the car being a sports special was brought to my attention recently by a cougar club member from Georgia who purchased a car from me

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just realized that I have the Sport Special also!:ylsup:

I have the bullet rockers, a left hand racing mirror, a stripe that followed the mid-body "sweep", and "turbine" wheel covers. Unfortunately the wheel covers are missed.

My car also has the Décor Group.

So my Cougar has value package "B".

NICE!

Thanks for the info!

-Sami

·
Registered
418 Posts
Good to see another SS on here!

·
Registered
304 Posts
My car is also an SS. I was told that the dealer installed the rockers. Don't know for sure. If it makes your car worth more it's to late for me because i changed my dash to XR7 and added eliminator spoilers and hood scoop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts