• Never been timed

Votes: 70 51.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
is that assuming all the traffic lights stay green??:1poke:

Sorry Logan,,, actually never had it on a track.... just the I-5 out here in cali otherwise known as the california autobahn. had redcat up to 114 on there...... and no I did not take a pic of the speedo like some folks out there LOL.

Don:eek2:

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I can't get any polls to work. It says i'm in an invalid session, whaterver that means. Must be an AOHell thing...

AlphaCat - guestimate is 12.80s. I loaned my recently rebuilt engine to my buddy with the 71 Mach 1. He was in the running for making the IHRA Bracket Nationals team for our local track. his engine blew up and mine was just sitting on the stand, sooooo... Anyways, we dropped in my Cleveland and he broke it in driving it to the track (35 miles), then proceeded to rip off a 13.0 pass without even dialing anything in like adjusting timing, jetting, etc. I figure that with a little tweaking it will be 12.8s.

BetaCat does run(well, it did when it ran) 14.40s. That's stock cast iron intake, stock full dual exhaust but running 3.70 rear gears.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Beat this if you can...

16.011sec and 90mph on the 1/4mile!!!!
Some serious speed :rolleyes:

2bbl 302, 3.0 gears without posi.... need I say more? and oh! small tires too! (215-65/15)

Before this I thought I had about 250hp but now I'm not so sure anymore... In my defence I have to say that I spun the right rear, more or less, up to about 40-45mph before traction set in...:D

With the formulas I've found, with a trap speed of 90mph, I should be doing low 15's, and if I have 250hp I should be doing about 13.8 and almost 100mph. But for that I guess I would need a lot more traction and maybe lower gears in the rear.

Maybe next year.
(Winter is aproaching here in sweden so the fun seasson is over...)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fast ...

Made the 1/4 mile in 11.040, 118.50 Mph!!! :angryfi:

4bbl 429 Police Interceptor, posi, 3.70 and C6 on 295/50/15 BF Goodrich tires......:D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today i put my cat to sleep, the winter is comming to Sweden now
:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
would like to run mine someday

Hi all
as of right now i did street race my 70 vert when i 1st got it, i ended up racing up against a 460 LTD.Needless to say i ended up whooping the car pretty badly.But that was in 1990 and i remember to this day the speedodometer hitting 115mph(no joke).Now i will eventually put it on the track n see what kinda numbers it can turn.Just for fun i`m not out to prove anything just to have fun and be happy whatever my car can turn for times.
thanks
pat
1970 standard triple white convertible
1970 eliminator

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
E T

Logan, have you had a chance to try the clevor?
That thing should thump hard. How does it feel, has the FMPD been made aware of your efforts. he, he, he...:1poke:
Doug should make an entry here!:D

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Back in summer of '97 I had every intention of taking my cat to the track, everything was set. That day I had to change my plugs, decided to try SplitFires... of course, it took my about 3.5 hours to finish (I had never done it before and my Dad instilled a perhaps too-strong fear of stripping the threads) -- that was before the headers were installed! By that time it was late, I missed the tech inspections, so I just went to watch. Another example of God's Uncanny Intervention - the following Tuesday I sheared off all of the teeth on the internal gear of my planetary set...... that prompted us to pull engine and tranny for rebuild with all the goodies I have listed (it was bone stock at that time, with a glass-pack flowthrough "muffler").
I've lost the needle on the other side of the 120, but with that old suspension I'm lucky to still be alive (amazing what we get away with when we're ~18 years old and dumb - now I'm 24 and dumb :):):))

·
Registered
162 Posts
never run the 1/4 but can run 1/8 th mile 7.70 @89.997 mph...in hot, humid weather....hope to get to a 1/4 mile track someday.let's do an 1/8 th mile pole...wonder how mine compares to other cougars

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my cat at about 150 on a little stretch of road near my house i have a 429 CJ with 3:70 gears and an X pipe dual exhaust sytem.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don't want to brake anything on The Swamper but the next one will get run. With a little luck I should have running by the end of next summer but will probibly take 6 years before it will be strong.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Moi?

I'm much too polite to drive fast.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
At last run she pulled a 13.26 @111.35 running a pretty much stock 351W and FX trans with dual exhaust and an Edelbrock Perfromer manifold and Carter AFB. We'll see if I can get in to the 11's when I finish the 408 stroker and C6 that is in progress. If not, the 250hp NO2 shot will help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ran a [email protected]

Had wheelspin all the way from 1st-mid 3rd gear. next year I am looking for low 14's high 13's.

When the cars totally finished I am hoping for 11's.

Oh yea i own a 99 Cougar too. Love both the old and the new kitties.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ran my best 1/8 mile time and speed to date last weekend 6.76 at 102 mph. Best 1/4 mile time is 10.84 at 125 mph. I run 4.56 gears in the 1/4 and 5.14 gears in the 1/8 shifting at 7000 rpm.

·
Registered
183 Posts
My 1970 XR-7 Conv. has run a best of 7.95 @90 mph with 3.50 Gears so far. I just installed 4.11's last week. I'm very anxious to see what a difference it will make, sure feels stronger. Car has a 351-C.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Ran a 14.20 on a really hot day in August. Car was run as I drive it everywhere, 351W, C6, 3:50 gear, 27" radials, full tank of gas and the stereo on. In this configuration, it's gone from Cleveland, OH to Boston nonstop except for gas and Cleveland to Charlotte, NC only stopping for gas.

My wife wheeled it to a 14.7 her first time ever seeing a dragstrip in person. I even had to explain to her how the tree worked!! Once she was able to catch her breath, she said it was a blast!!

Mark

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am still building mine, car and motor, mayby you guys can give me an idea of a quarter mile time i will achieve by my specs
70 351c v4
11:1
mild cam
dual plane intake
the rest stock
70 cougar eliminator
3:73's posi
overdrive four speed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts