Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope he did well.I fell asleep Friday and Saturday night. I do have it recorded. When did it go through? Appreciate any info.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think it went for $104,500

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad. There were some good deals. 4 speed GS455 vert for 43,000. When did it sell?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I think I saw that GS one Friday - only the mute was on in the bar due to a game that was on? It looked pretty pristine to me, I thought what's wrong with it? Incorrect enginge or something..? IDK

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes two then. The one I saw was Sunday, perfect, numbers matching, nice lighter blue metalic, ram air 455, 4speed. Craig Jackson said they had sold one last auction for 170,000. Of course hes allways trying to jack the price. Being Sunday too a lot of the deep pockets are gone I guess. I know if I was buying I would definatlly shoot for Wed., Thur. or Sunday. All in all I'd say the Cougars did well. I'd like to find out when that 70 went across. I've got it recorded, just my old ass fell asleep.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The GREEN # 7 MILLER HAULER truck went for $250,000.00. It ran across the block just before Midnight EST. I had done all the Lace wood bed work, and some of the aluminum suspension pieces. Stinger's Hot Rod Shop here in south Indy designed and built it from SCRATCH, Brian is one of the most talented people I have ever met, he is a great artist, and can do it all, I MEAN ALL....... Troy's shop in Il. aided in final assembly. Just look at the BJ listing and click on the truck to see some close up shots. The engine area is a piece of art. Anyone tell me what the air cleaners started out as?

George Poteet was seller, and was reported to have had over 400 k in the piece.

It was very apparent that the new owner was very please to have purchased it.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Old wood don't waste your time trying to find it. It seems that speed vision was up to it's old tricks and they went to a commercial when it was ready to go across. Either it seems like they go to a commercial or want to talk about something else when a cougar goes across. Heck they talked half way through when Brians GT-E went across until they noticed the numbers it was bringing then they scrambled to bring up the information on it.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
It brought $95,000

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys. It sure looks puurty in that picture Brian. I guess the 104,500 is with their 10%. Dale, how is Lace wood to work with? I have never used it, but I like its looks.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Lew IIRC, BJ also gets 7% of the hammer price from the seller. John

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You would think there are so few Cougars that sell at BJ they would show when they do. I mean you see Mustang after Vette, after Camaro all the time. They must plan their commercial breaks somewhat ahead of time. You know every model has a following. I sure wouldnt put one on when the highest price car of that model was going across. I would like to know what went before and after the Cougar. I also want the name of the man who made that descision, thats it, we need to call him out and string his ass up!:flamer:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Lew IIRC, BJ also gets 7% of the hammer price from the seller. John
For the seller, I believe it is 8% for no reserve and 10% with reserve plus the listing fee which varies depending on day and time.

The percentage from the buyer increases from 10% to 12% if they are an absentee (phone or internet) bidder.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
For the seller, I believe it is 8% for no reserve and 10% with reserve plus the listing fee which varies depending on day and time.

The percentage from the buyer increases from 10% to 12% if they are an absentee (phone or internet) bidder.
OK, thanks Dave (your info is correct, I just checked BJ's FAQ link). I was leaving when I replied. I'll take from Lew's post and say "learned something again" :) John

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
OK, thanks Dave (your info is correct, I just checked BJ's FAQ link). I was leaving when I replied. I'll take from Lew's post and say "learned something again" :) John
John,

Not a problem, I have yet to meet anyone that has not made a mistake (myself included). Also a belated thanks for the birthday shout out, I just noticed it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts