Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was surprised to find this at Toys R Us today. Hot Wheels has a new "Vintage Racing" line that includes the Bud Moore Trans Am Cougar.

The Good: It's always great when a new Cougar toy of any kind hits the stores and this one looks great on your shelf.

The Bad: They used the '68 XR7-G tooling yet again and they even call it "Dan Gurney's '68 Cougar" on the back. No sun roof or fog lights on the '67 BME Cougars, obviously. Also, they based the paint scheme on the Myer's TA Cougar, so (like the Sunstar TA Cougar) this one is the wrong shade of red and has some decal inaccuracies.

But I still love it and picked up 4!

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
I found that one the other day and had to grab one. Matchbox also just came out with a SuperFast in Orange. It resembles a certain GTE Show Car familiar to this forum. I am very happy that more cougars are coming to market. It's about time

·
Registered
309 Posts
Are the Vintage racers only at Toys R US? Could not find them at Wall Mart, Target or K Mart!! I did find the Bud Moore 70.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mistress - so far around me (Richmond Virginia) I have only seen the "Vintage Racing" series at Toys R Us.

No sign of them at Target or Wall Mart but I have not tried K Mart yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts