Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
A little bit different, but it looks like they added the interior opera lights to the rear roof pillars.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Looks to me like A XR7G with a GTE Paint Job !

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Pretty crappy looking IMO. Made in China no doubt.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the hood and roofline are pretty horrible.

It's some fanciful cross between a GT-E & XR-7G.

Matchbox created a better looking '68 with GT-E argent two-tone for 2010, but without the signiture GT-E goodies.

·
Registered
839 Posts
The H/W Car is an Xr7-G with Round Grille Emblem and Sail Emblems. the Hood is the -G hood from what I can tell. the Matchbox is a Standard Cougar With GT-E Exhaust. Sometimes colored with Silver GT-E lower body trim. But, the Matchbox Grille and Hood are Standards. Both ARE 68's. I think the H/W's 69 Cougar Eliminator has the Best Proportions. My Favorite is the Very First Casting in Dark Blue, because H/W accidentally put a 1970 Eliminator on the Card's Artist Drawing. The Next Color in Orange fixed it to the Correct 1969 Car.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
I still dont have either one there now on my Xmas list! especially after I lost out on my ebay cougar cop car :cry:

·
11,000 Posts

The Johnny Lightning GT-E's are better in every way.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well guys I was in a Kroger yesterday and picked up a green Hot Wheels 69 Cougar Eliminator with flames (they also had a silver one) for $1.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts

The Johnny Lightning GT-E's are better in every way.
I totally agree with you Royce!
I have all of my nice Hot wheels hanging on the wall in my closet the hubby said I have to move them to the garage:ego:
I have all of the 69 E cats with the flames there are a bunch of different colors

1 - 15 of 15 Posts