Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mi 351c 2bb vert starts great, was running hot, but I flushed the system, reflow it and got new coolant and thermostat.
The problem I have is, after driving and parking it, when I want to start it, it struggles to run. Sometimes acts like the battery is weak and wont almost run turn (one or two weak turns), then it might turn freely but turns too much and wont start right away, if I let it cool all the way down, like an hr or so, it will start again like nothing.
The car was siting for over 10 yrs maybe 12, I got it back to life, changed gas tank, cleared lines, filters, gas pump, battery, rebuilt carburetor and changed some vacuum lines.
I'm not sure what could be, choke shows open, I too the part of the air cleaner that opens when hot to see if this was causing it (its not), also there is gas coming out, so its not vapor lock and got the solenoid starter changed too.

1973 xr7 convertible black with tan inside.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I would give it a full tune-up paying close attention to your distributor ,cap, rotor, wires, points,spark plugs and make sure your timing is spot on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts