Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, yet another question for you all. I have a really nice hood stainless piece on my 69 cougar, but it has a dent in it. Other then that, it is hardly oxidized. Is there an easy way to fix it? And if I do "fix" it, will it look normal again? Please help on this, as I hate to throw away an otherwise good cougar part that isnt reproduced. Thanks in advance.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
you can also make your own small english wheel by using a device you will have to manufacture. it is an flat peice of metal dr5ill a hole in the top and a slot down about an inch below. get two nylon wheels or anything firm yet soft material. cut a peice of tubing to how thick your wheels are and drill a hole to the size of the tubing this will act as a bushing. install two bolts one wheel on top of the other and adjust the bottom wheel to tighten at the hihest part of the dent. roll untill it slides easy then tighten again. repeat this process and soon you will see the dent disapeer.

·
Registered
889 Posts
used car mans trick

On old timer told me that if you take dry ice and put it on over the dent itmay pull it self out.He said it used to work on some hail dents on roofs and hoods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts