Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a bunch of people with hood scoops...

where you all get them, anywhere special?

Thanks,

And anyone know where I can buy a new hood :1zhelp:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ouch that hurts just looking at that.Go to westcostclassiccougar.com talk to Don he will help you put your Cat back together again.70 XR7 Ragtop

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not mine yet

guy on here from texas... would you be wary of buying that?

without seeing it in person first?

tell me what you think.

Thanks,

·
Registered
329 Posts
See if you can get more pictures under hood and whole front end driver side.Cat is not in that bad of shape.Rest of car looks sweet.Also picture of passenger and driver floor . 70 XR7 ragtop

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll ask. the car is at his GF's house and he lives in his apartment.

and
steel cat your link didnt seem to work

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmm looks cool. mabye Im asking this wrong... I want the ones that point towards the front bumper for the air to come in...

I sure sound like a moron when i say it like that ;) hahahaha

·
Registered
588 Posts
If you can't find any that you like from the new parts vendors, try Lin Thurston or Don Rush in the used parts department for some used originals. Also, JC Whitney sells all kinds of aftermarket hood scoops, some that even look like they came from a Ford.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
You're looking for an Eliminator hood scoop. They were also used on Comets and a couple of other models I can't think of right now. The reproductions are not as good as you would think. The holes don't line up and I've heard (not from experience) that they are not strong enough to stand up over time. You can always find one or two originals on expensive bay (a.k.a. eBay) or one of the used cougar parts vendors. Be prepared to pay more than $100 for a crack-free hood scoop...but nothing beats an original scoop....fits perfectly.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I Know from Experience that you can trust Eliminatorguy... He sold 2 67 Quarter emblems for a good price and was VERY hoest about EVERYTHING. Very good person to deal with and has good prices.. He isn't like some of the other Cougar parts guys who want to get RICH off of every part they sell...:D
Scott
Also e-mail Modified7. I have bought several things from him and he is also very nice to deal with and honest...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Painted said:
hmmm looks cool. mabye Im asking this wrong... I want the ones that point towards the front bumper for the air to come in...

I sure sound like a moron when i say it like that ;) hahahaha
This is what you mean, right?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts