Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to cut the hole in my hood using a cutoff wheel but it took a long time to even break through the hood and the heat generated was burning the paint. I decided to go to my local tool store and I picked up a body saw that attaches to your air compressor. It looks like a miniature saws-all and jig saw crossed. I cut the hole out in less than a minute and it left a nice clean edge. If anyone is thinking of installing a hood scoop. This is the only way to go. It even let me cut the nice rounded corners.

I got a hole drill bit to cut through the braces. It was no big deal. It cut a hole the size of a quarter and now I can put on the nuts.

RayJ
70 XR7:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No pictures yet...The car is sitting on the trailer waiting to go to the shop. I'm having custom made headers done this week. The guy was supposed to to it last week but someone in his family was hospitalized. I'll take pictures as soon as its back from the shop and cleaned up.

I also painted the headlight doors black, all but the larger strips, I left them chrome. I also painted the center grill black.

RayJ
70 XR7

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
HUH.
i used a air chisel on my hood then trimmed the excess w/ a pair of angled tin snips and got a nice clean hole. But i guess its to one its own to do a certain way . But glad to hear n see another way of doing a hole cutout. 2nd opinons are good. Saves time,cash n hassle. Think ill do that idea to the next hood..
thanks
pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts