Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I dont think so

I was going over the factory options on the cougar network I didnt see anything like that on the sheet but Im sure someone put a after market hood ordement on some.Afer all itwas the begining of the disco and "whats your sign" era. hey go for it Dan

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
No, you couldn't, besides the hood stripes. I have seen one instance of a fellow who stuck a Jaguar emblem on the hood of a cougar. In 4 words.... Do not do that.

:)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Hood emblem

I've seen some who put the ornament from a 74 Cougar on their Classic Cat. That's the one that looks like the walking cat on the headlight doors of the early cats, but this is much smaller and encased in a round clear see-through ornament. I think it stuck up about 2-1/2 to 3" from the hood.

I wouldn't do it to one of my Cats!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I agree with Logan and Cougarrcj, Don't do the hood ornament. It maybe a personal opinion but I think most of us Classic Catters will agree.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing is that I alredy have an " M" hoodornament, with several small "dotts" at the top of the M. The "M" is in a circle. And It is some kind of loaded spring under! So you can puch it back!
Anyone see something like that befor?

Tommy

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I was thinking it was from a mid-late 70s Monarch (Mercury version of the Ford Granada) or early 80s Z-7 Zepher (Mercury version of the Ford Fairmont). I know I've seen that style hood onament on something!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hood Ornament

Someone put a running cat hood ornament on my car too. It was there when I bought it. I've had the car over 8 years. I thought it belonged there too. No one noticed that it shouldn't be there. I 've never seen another 72 XR-7 in real life, only pictures. Some had the hood ornament some didn't. I think it looks bare without. :pimp: Disco Era!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts