Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been driving me nuts. There is a square hole that holds a plastic looking piece that the pull handle slides against in the latch asembly. Not sure what the correct term for this is mine was either missing, or I misplaced it. Can these be found anywhere? thanks

·
Registered
913 Posts
Need more info!!!! The only thing I see is, a rubber bumper that the latch handle under the bumper hits against.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe it is rubber, I saw white in the photo and though this was plastic. Looking for the piece that snaps in the square hole:
hoodlatch.jpg

·
Registered
913 Posts
My 68 is here at the house, so I went to the garage to look at the 67, and it has a little piece of clear plastic about 1/2 X3/4 in. in that square hole, not as big as the one you show, so maybe someone else can tell us more, like Don from WCCC.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ken - I think my 68 has exactly what you are showing...thankfully I haven't lost or misplaced mine, but I can confirm there is a plastic 'bushing' for the latch handle to slide against. The picture for the used Latch and Center Grille Support WCCC lists has the square hole, but no 'bushing': http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-11089400041767_2181_215471278

Don...Lin... :1zhelp:

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for looking towcat, and confirmation Chad. I looked at the used one at WCCC and saw the empty square hole then searched for anything resembling this part. I'm sure it can be replicated but am surprised it hasn't come up before. Thanks for the input. Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts