Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to be home, even if it is minus 12.3 degrees. Whew, that was fun. First of all I want to thank everyone for their support, Even, the people at home for just being Cougar fans. I appreciate every nice comment and respect the criticism.
The Barrett-Jackson experience can not be put into words. They catered to my every need and the people are SOOO nice, and the girls, Wow.
I want to defend the TV thing a little, not to much, but a little. I talked to the director the day before, to try to get some things arranged for TV. The guys on stage are at the mercy of the producers and editors some where else. I thought I had everything squared away, and when we were about to go on stage. the dude I had talked to was nowhere to be found. Plain and simple, I dropped the ball. I could not get the auctioneer microphone to the car. (cord) We had a Cougar snarl machine in the back seat, much like the growl you hear when you open WCCC's online parts catalog. The TV guys on stage were doing their best, but I think it got cut out.(They have no control over when they go to commercial) I have not seen any TV yet. I even forgot the taillights. I should be stoned to death by Cougar fans. I might be sick when I see the TV clip.
It was great to meet Brian, Don, Dave, Kevin Marti, Bill, and a host of Cougar people. We might not be many, but I wouldn't want to be any where else. I wasn't able to go to the party, but Bill was kind enough to let us into his den early to see his Cat's. Awesome!
I have knocked around Barrett-Jackson my share, so now it is time to defend them a little. They are a little pricey and over the top for a most of us. But that is what brings in the high rollers, TV, magazines, and respect for our hobby. They have hundreds of employees to pay. I went to the Gala and it was a blast, very, very nice, not cheap. I talked to Steve Davis, very cool guy.
As far as the price on my car. I feel I let you guys down a little. I was hoping for 90 and that is where it should have been. I made some mistakes out there. The lady that bought the car would have gone there and then some. She could give the word Cougar a new meaning. If you see a redhead in a green Cougar, beware!
Glad you guys enjoyed our little game. My girl friend guessed 83... I sooo wanted one more bid.
Great job Brian, say Hi to Mike for me.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Steve, It was a pleasure to meet you and glad you made it home safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts