Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My god... I got the most shocking call today. After 8 months and 10 days, the body shop dude called and said the magic words... "Logan, the cougar's done, you can come and get it..."

Mind you, I now get to figure out two things...

1) How to acquire the required funds to pay him.. :)

2) How the heck to put a 69 Cougar back together.

<sigh>

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Logan, old buddy....

When you figure out how yours goes together, I have my '73 that has been in pieces since 1985!! ;)

Now.... What did I do with all those pieces?.....

BTW, congrats and good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool deal Logan! I know what you mean about the putting things back together. That is going to be my biggest headache for my '69. I have taken so many things apart to replace body, engine and interior parts that it is going to be a challenge to get it all back together. Unfortunately for me, my heater core needed to be replaced and my brother-in-law started on it by taking things apart that didn't need to be. He gave me the parts in a box and since he started on it in 1983 and then quit, he has no idea. I did get the new heater core in and have figured it out for the most part thanks to Chilton's.

Would be great to see some pics of yours when you are ready! :cool:

John

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Fowler,

I know what you mean....

A buddy of mine bought a 'basket case' car back in '79. The engine had blown up and was apart (with a total of four combustion chambers punched in in both heads), the interior gutted for the welded-in rollbar, some modifications had been performed on the body, and when we stripped off the (get this) purple metalflake, gold metalflake, and the 'freak spots', oh, and let's not forget the orange underneath the car chassis paint, we found that the body consisted of parts from at least four cars! :eek:

Fortunately, the previous owner had saved all of the interior parts, but, as you say, we didn't take the car apart so we were on our own trying to piece it all together. Unfortunate was that he didn't save any of the emission pieces for the engine.

My buddy paid $2,600 for this car with only 2800 miles showing on the odometer. Was this car worth it? Well, considering the car was a '69 Boss 429, I'd have to say it was! :D

My buddy still has the car, with something like 7000 miles on it now, and no, he won't sell it! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts