Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of the throttle and kickdown linkage and springs for a holley 4150. I have a 390 with a edelbrock RPM. The instructions i got with the carb are poor. I bought the ford kickdown spring perch kit(pn 20-91) they said I needed and the spring is wrong, I think. Pictures are worth a thousand words..

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
kick down linkage does not hook to the carb on a 390----it hooks to the throttle lnkage just below the throttle peddle---just mount the carb/fuel line/return spring /electric choke and your good to go-------a phenolic carb spacer under the carb will help the carb from boiling the fuel after shutdown
doctordesoto

·
Registered
913 Posts
kick down linkage does not hook to the carb on a 390----it hooks to the throttle lnkage just below the throttle peddle---just mount the carb/fuel line/return spring /electric choke and your good to go-------a phenolic carb spacer under the carb will help the carb from boiling the fuel after shutdown
doctordesoto
This would be true for a 68 Cougar, but 69 has a kick down rod hooked from the carb. to the tranny. I can send picture to your email if you like.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This would be true for a 68 Cougar, but 69 has a kick down rod hooked from the carb. to the tranny. I can send picture to your email if you like.
Thanks Towcat. Not necessary. The doctor had it right. Forgot to mention it was a 68. Car has been apart for so long I am forgetting how it goes back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts