Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys and Gals..I still have alot of used parts, so for you budget guys they are available..
For you guys that are Looking for NOS for your project or your restoration..Alot of parts just in.
Send me your part numbers, description of what you need and condition.
CCC is coming, I dont have the a reproduction department,or a work crew,but will have most of the parts til they run out, that you might be needing or have been looking for.Email me direct [email protected] or call 8438716140 eastern standard time.
Located Charleston,SC.
Hope to have a website soon to get some items out there.One man working crew so give me time to get back to you.
I received a deal,that I have waited for 9 years for and finally got the chance to bring some NOS part to the east coast side to be available.
NOS TRIM,wheel lip,rocker trim,valances,tail lights,headlight motors,grill parts,AM radio factory kits complete set up,headrest,clocks,dash parts,weather stripping,EMBLEMS,EMBLEMS,tilt steering,tilt steering with cruise control stem(used on these two steering wheels),wheel trim rings, hubcaps,valance lights,bumperettes,marker lights,fender trim,rear ext trim,trunk trim,used consoles,console parts. I do have some reproductions stuff,window gaskets,NOS STILL, outside mirrors,door hings,door handles,rear markers, Complete defroster kits, dash switches, relays,etc..SEND me your christmas list, write down what condition you need, and part number if you need me to look. I have a few of some,and less of others. Have a happy holiday guys..
rare one looks like a
gte headlight door used,but like new
door edge trim
handles inside
flip handles
tail light grills only..
Other stuff to come..
thanks
John

for 71-73, some vary rare and hard to find grill emblems, and parts, just ask..
alot of stuff used too..
ill look..give me a number and condition you need..

have a good holiday..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot, Got 3 nice black dash pads also,consoles,I know I have forgotton some of it,but its so big ill be taking months trying to sort it out, so be patient. Thanks cougar fans!! Ill be posting on other sites too soon..Even a NOS 69 GRILL SECTION COMPLETE KIT, ONE SIDE ONLY..
NOS stone lower stone guards,some power window parts, NOS gas emblem,and some nice used ones.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P1020313.jpg P1020307.jpg

Lordy this was a fun day to finally get this truck and trailer off loaded, and now only 3 more trips to go. Loved driving this motor home truck around. Reminded me of my High school bus driving days. This thing was long! Well keep the list coming.Im a one man crew,but will search for what your looking for and get any pictures or information for the parts. P1020325.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P1020337.jpg P1020323.jpg
A very hard to find center front emblem, very nice NOS,along with some brochures from the past. Great stuff to come. I have a question about these valve covers, originals or aftermarket customs??? P1020347.jpg ..set of used ones.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Those valve covers look like XR7-G factory pieces. You need to look inside for the part number to see for sure. They are available reproduction so that limits the value some.

If you are up to scanning the literature and docs, I will post them on ClassicCougarCommunity.Com for you with your contact number for any one that wants to buy the originals.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Bill
All information is helpful.
Will hold onto them now. They were with the car,but motor is gone! Still trying to hunt it down.

John

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bill I looked under the valve covers..its stamped S7MS6582..Some one named Shelby is above that!! lol..who could that be! wonder what these things could go for??

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
John, Not to temper your enthusiasm too much, but to get top dollar you will need to get these parts up with VERY good photographs and descriptions. If you look at the listings for NOS on WCCC you will see that they almost never actually sell those parts at those prices. Be prepared to sit on stuff for a long time if you are asking for top dollar.

Many of the XR7-G parts will have a Shelby part number, that is because in '68 Ford formed a new company called Shelby American that took control of the Shelby build away from Carroll Shelby. Ford hired AO Smith to do the actual assembly work. If you look at the collection of G part blue prints on ClassicCougarCommunity.Com you will see the Shelby part numbers. For the most part, these have no value to Shelby Mustang guys as the parts were not used on Shelby Mustangs. I think the reproduction vavle covers are in the $400 range, and they are made by the same company that did the originals, even from the same tooling.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks Bill for the information..

Ill take other pictures for anyone needing closer up ones too..not a problem..
Im sure they wont go over night thats forsure Its a one man crew here only..
I will post anything else that I have questions with.

Thanks Again.
John
Always someone on here knows the answers or how to find them.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
P1020451.jpg P1020457.jpg P1020455.jpg
Got a original Black 69 strip kit in the box for eliminator. I just found this set of power windows kit used, marked 71-73,but I know the switches are from a 69,they are marked c9 on back..pretty good set.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
P1020446.jpg P1020422.jpg P1020450.jpg
Here I found a Nos set of 70 fender extensions trim, along with a set of rear backup lights NOS, Ill get a better picture,I received some xr7 black panels too used..Still looking more to come..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
P1020442.jpg P1020438.jpg
here you have a slim guard kit for the 69 body line.dont think I have seen one on a car, but the rubber pieces slide in it. I found some of these nice hubcaps for the original guys out there.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
View attachment 22765 View attachment 22764 View attachment 22763
Got a original Black 69 strip kit in the box for eliminator. I just found this set of power windows kit used, marked 71-73,but I know the switches are from a 69,they are marked c9 on back..pretty good set.
The switch bezels pictured are not for a 69 Cougar. They were used in very late 70 production and into 71 and possibly 72 but I don't know much about anything after 70. The switches themselves appear correct for 69 & 70 Cougars.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Jeff
The box they are sitting in, say for 71-73 hand written. BUT on back of each switch it has a c9 number Ill get the numbers..The wiring is diffently different on them from 69 and 70..I have a batch of 68 ones too with c8 on the back of them. Ill get the numbers..
John

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
P1020462.jpg P1020483.jpg P1020475.jpg
Here I found a pretty nice used fuel door emblem, and a pretty nice rim blow with horn pad,the wheel has a few little cracks on it, then the Eliminator spoiler brand new in the box, with directions..Found some weather stripping for convertibles NOS,and some window felts,IM still going through it.Ill be down in daytonna this weekend if you need something call me 8438716140. happy thanksgiving

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Found some NOS trunk turn signal units too,some door sills,a couple nos tail lights parts,NOS bumper license plate light,radio kits,front radio plates,glove box light switchs,all NOS. Still searching tomorrow so ill have more IM sure. So many small relays and resistors,and so on..

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
P1020394.jpg P1020463.jpg P1020494.jpg
here you have NOS nice looking clocks,And in that eliminator spoiler box,original instructions,and a used elimator dash pad. I have the cluster panel too pretty good shape.Email me direct ill send more pictures of what your looking for. Or call 843 8716140 will get back to you. Be safe this holiday weekend. John

1 - 20 of 164 Posts