Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my buddy who has a '67 stang's seat broke today, so he was ticked off. you know how the floor pan sorta dips in the back and the tracks hang over the dip, yea well the track broke off so he was pissed off and tired of having low back seats anyways. so we took a ride to pick a part and started lookin for anything that'd work. so we came upon a '80 something firebird which had highback seats. so we pull the seat out, and waddya know? it works! :) well with a little bit of jury rigging but yea it works. cause the seats on the firebird were made to have a higher uhh stand(?) to compensate for the dip in the floorpan of the firebird. so the track that his mustang had was just a slight bit longer, but it fits the seat. so if anyone wants to get some high back seats for there cat (since the cat is pretty much a mustang with a different suit :p: ) just find a 80's firebird and pull the seats out. they'll prob last longer too. cause the tracks won't break when you sit down on em. yea now i gotta go find myself a firebird to get some seats outta :) so yea thought i might share that for anyone that might want some taller seats and one's that recline :)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
sounds cool. althouygh id like to get some white leather Mustang GT seats one day. or some white leather seats out of a Lincoln Mark VIII. if youve ever sat in the Lincoln seats you know what im talking about.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
becareful on the firechicken seats. they break if theres a collision., or if you push on it hard. My friends broke (mind you he's a BIG guy so maybe it was just his, but both his birds had wrecked seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts