1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
If anybody could help it would be much appreciated
Question 1.
"Hi-Back Bucket Seats W/Comfortweave Vinyl".

Does anyone know where I can find photos of these seats for a 1969 eliminator.
Question 2.
Does anybody know what these seats in the photo are out of or what type they are, the lever is half way up the side of the seat so I presume they are out of a 1970???

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Hi All,
If anybody could help it would be much appreciated
Question 1.
"Hi-Back Bucket Seats W/Comfortweave Vinyl".

Does anyone know where I can find photos of these seats for a 1969 eliminator.
Question 2.
Does anybody know what these seats in the photo are out of or what type they are, the lever is half way up the side of the seat so I presume they are out of a 1970???
If the levers are half way up the seats, then those are correct seats for a '69 Eliminator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have those seats in my '70 cougar but the lever is at the bottom of the seat in my car. Just because of the lever placement, I would guess those are for the '69 eliminator as mentioned before.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I believe Eliminator was the Only Cougar to receive High-Backs in 1969. The Halfway Up Lever IS 1969, the 1970 has the Lever at Bottom. The 69 High-Backs are very Rare Seats. It is Good you still have them.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe Eliminator was the Only Cougar to receive High-Backs in 1969. The Halfway Up Lever IS 1969, the 1970 has the Lever at Bottom. The 69 High-Backs are very Rare Seats. It is Good you still have them.

The seatbelts are a universal type made by "Klippan" , the seatbelts need to be changed out to comply with "Australian Standards"
N.B. I now believe the seat are correct.
Can some one please tell me where I went wrong with my question in a previous post (See below) I am not trying to be a smart ass or trying to cause trouble but do you guys have a different perception of fabric and vinyl in the US or have I not explained it clearly.

Re: Elite Marti Report

Originally Posted by ozzyeliminator
Hi All
I got my elite marti report today and was a little disappointed that my car is a 1 of 5 identical cars and not a 1 of 1. But I now have the knowledge that my car should also have a console which I do not have and my dash is a non console dash as well which led me to beleive the car never had one.
I do have a few questions
1. In the report it states that my car has "Black Vinyl High Back Bucket Seats" but on the window sticker it states the my car has "Hi-Back Bucket Seats W/Comfortweave Vinyl".
Are these items the same. My car has fabric as well as the vinyl in the seats and the other two eliminators that I have seen here Australia have all vinyl.
2. The window sticker states "Padded Interior Mouldings" what parts exactly is padded or what are they calling padding.

'69 Eliminators were only available with the comfortweave vinyl with the high back bucket seats. There should not be any fabric it was not available until the 1970 model year on an Eliminator.
Where is the release latch on the seat backs? It will be in one of three places, 1. half way up the side, 2. on the side at the base 3. on the back of the seat.​

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I'm still not completely clear on your question but I'll try to answer it. All 69 Eliminator seats were Hi-back bucket seats in comfortweave vinyl. There were no fabric inserts available. Often there are differences in terminology between Marti reports and window stickers, sales literature, etc. whcih I think is what's causing you grief.

I've been looking at the picture of your seats and maybe it's the angle or the lighting but the inserts don't look like original comfortweave vinyl to me. If this is what you're trying to determine, please post a close up of the insert material and a photo of the full seat.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Not sure if you got my answer in the other post, this is what they called 'Padded Interior Moldings' They are for the windshield A-Pillars on Each side of the Front Windshield. These were included in that 'Group'. Cars without this received a 'Camera-Case' Textured Plastic Trim instead.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I've been looking at the picture of your seats and maybe it's the angle or the lighting but the inserts don't look like original comfortweave vinyl to me...
Jeff, I agree... doesn't look like comfortweave to me either. Not bad looking material though and probably easier to keep clean than comfortweave.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Here's what original comfort weave looks like ...
comfort_weave.jpg

Yours looks like the repro comfort weave that seems to be the only available material now, and I also used it to redo my seats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts