Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just wanted to shout out and say hello to my fellow Cat owners, i am in the process of restoring a 73 Triple Ginger XR-7 and will probably post a ton of questions...lol
Hope to see you all!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome to the site!:D I have a 72' XR-7 and even though the 71-73 crowd is alot smaller than the 67-70's , you are gonna find almost anything you need to know on this site.:p: Any questions feel free to ask:bandit: :bong:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cougar72 ~

I just noticed that you're in Anaheim... so am I...

Did you happen to go to the socalcougarclub meeting last weekend?

Robert

·
Registered
85 Posts
welcome!! Always good to see more 71-73 owners on here!!!!
71xr7 conv. here!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
-OC-
I haven't went to any SoCalcougarclub events and I'm not a member either...:( too expensive, no benefits.
Where in Anaheim? ghetto or upscale?:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey ~

I'm not a member of it either. I just went to see what it was all about. Was pretty cool to see all the cougars in one place though.

I've only had my cougar a few weeks. I asked what the benefit of membership was for $20. The best I was told was that, you're, well, uhm, a MEMBER. hehe.

Hm, Anaheim ghetto or upscale... I think I'm in the middle now. My dad lives up in the hills in the snobby area though.

Robert

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'll say this about club membership. What's not advertised, but is the biggest benefit of being in a local club is the access to expertise and deals that you normally wouldn't have access to.

I can't tell you how much money I've saved by being in the DFW Cats club. Geez, probably 60% of my parts are purchased through club members or friends of club members from parts they've got sitting in their garage.

Heck, last weekend I picked up a 31spline, complete rear axle with 3.50:1 traction lok from a buddy of a club member for very little cash.

Nevermind the expertise and willingness to lend a hand fixing stuff on my cougar. Some members have lifts, some have portable sand blasters, etc etc...

The $20 membership is MORE than worth it in the long run.

Sermon over. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just joined the club and am looking forward to the rewards of my 20. I'm sure I won't be disapointed. As Logan stated the savings on parts from a member who has a friend who knows someone can save you $$$.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
umm, cant we do all that here for free?? hell, i know i can unload alot of Cougar stuff here with ease. i mean, especially to all of you rust belt people HA HA HA HA HA HA MUUUAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA ( evil grin )

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Yes, you can. But the Local club also has people who may be able to "help you in the flesh"

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
And wouldnt EVEN think about hacking taillight frames. Me bad.

Dave, this place is very friendly. Logan has done an awesome job on this site all by himself, and has got alot of suppliers on line here that will answer questions. Kick back and have fun.

Rick

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
yes ,the site has proven helpful to me on many occasions. i actually tried the tranny fluid in the oil change thing. it seemed to work. hell the oil light was starting to stay on ever so much longer when i would start the car. changed the oil and used the tranny fluid in it and stuff and now its great and working right again. now, i never would have known that if it wasnt for the people here. the site is really cool and Logan gave us all a place to gather and errr, pass info to the youths?

by the way Rick... i would have traded ya the 70 lights on the abandoned one for a 69 set to cut up... to err, please the 70 gods i guess? the 70 ones werent great, but decent. and for those following the saga, yes that is past tense. the lights and gas door were stolen off the car. if anyone needs a 71 351W intake manifold i can get that out of the cars trunk. 2bbl. if people are looting, why cant I? if the car is gonna be mine anyway ( still in limbo )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts