Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the backspacing and bolt pattern of the new Marauder. I think those would look great on a 68 cougar. They also probably cost more than a 68 cougar also, but oh well.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
The wheels are a couple hundred bucks a piece, but uses a 135mm bolt pattern, and the offset is pretty extreme.

In short, they won't fit.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ouch, I like the cheap wheels, they look good, and if you park too close to the curb, well, they're cheap, so who cares? Mine are just cheap wheels..

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Logan,

Does that mean that all 92-up Crown Vic/Grand Marquis wheels are 135mm? I was really hoping that my 96 Crown Vic's 16x7 deep dish lacy spokes (handling package wheels) would fit on AlphaCat...

Oh, oh, if that's the case, I guess that means that my old 89 Grand Marquis's winter wheels won't fit the new Vic. I certainly hope they fit, otherwise I'll have to get another set of wheels and dismount/remount-balance four snow tires before winter sets in up here in the frozen great white North!

Milo

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I just went out and checked my extra 16x7 wheel. Those handling package wheels are hard to come by here in the Rustbelt and I wanted a spare in case I boogered one up somehow. I bought this one on ebay, but it seems to be made in China vs the stockers being made in Italy. Hmmmmm. Also, the center section is painted argent instead of natural aluminum of the factory wheel. This one even has a Keystone centercap. Yes, this is a brand new wheel. It seems to have the same bolt pattern as my old 89.

BTW, I used an axle from AlphaCat to verify fit and it looks just fine. Oh, and the 16x7 wheels have 4-1/4" backspacing if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wah

Oh well it was a good idea at the time I guess. Maybe if I ever get out of college I will buy me one.:cry:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i for one thinks that the Marauder would look bad ass with the Bullitt wheels on them :) but they are 17 inches and the Marauder has 18s right? still it would look bad ass. id still kinda like to put the 17s on teh Cougar but it would need modifications to fit.. and ugly spacers... still deciding.... i mean, hell i can get a full set with tires for 600........... dammit... made myself start thinking again

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah me to

I am hard on tires and would have to behave with tires that expensive.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
im hard on tires too i guess. only got 20k miles out of a set of BFGs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts