1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
698 Posts
Track Boss

Royce, if you ever need one of these or the STREET BOSS, let me know. The fellow that has them cast is a friend of mine. He sells them through Bush performance in Ft. Smith. They also do all of the head modifications. Some company in Tulsa casts them, but Gary did the design and has the patent.

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: my ownership of any Clevor parts

Frank,
There is to my way of thinking no good reason to spend a lot of time and money making a 351 Windsor slower by putting a set of Cleveland heads on top. There are Windsor heads on the market that will outflow and outperform the Cleveland heads of twenty and thirty years ago. Technology is a good thing! I can't fault someone for wanting something different, that's why all my stuff is FE powered. I could easily make more power cheaper with a windsor motor. But FE's are where my interest lies.

Royce Peterson

·
Registered
698 Posts
Boss heads

I don't know about that. There is a 1989 Mustang, windsor stroker around here with this set-up that has broken the 9 second range. WITH STREET RADIALS. No nitrous or blower. Just a Demon carb.

·
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. listen to this

Frank,
If he's running that good it's because he has put alot of time and money into the engine and its development.

At my local strip the fastest car every Saturday is usually an old big block Chevy front motored rail that runs 7.80's on gasoline. The second fastest car is a Fox Bodied Mustang with a 331 CI 302 Ford, windsor headed that runs 8.01's. He is running a single four barrel too. His name is Gary Rohe, the car has been national NMCA champ a couple times and has passed numerous teardowns. Scary Fast!

I just wish I could afford to make one of my FE's run as good as Jackie Tarner's 390 powered Falcon. It ran 10.90's last year with the single 4V Edelbrock Performer RPM intake in the 3300 pound '64 Falcon with a C6. All it takes is cash!

Royce Peterson

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
But it's not even polished! :)

I'll say this on the Clevor... You have to REALLY WANT a clevor to make it happen. It's cost me a buttload of cash to get it fitted, installed, and running in my car...

Looking back, yeah, I could've certainly gotten great performance by just bolting up a set of RPM heads, but I wanted to build something unique. A conversation piece if you will...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good for you

Will look great, and should run great. Speed is expensive[HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO]
Remember-- If you can't bite, don't growl.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
It does run great. Man does this motor breath now. Pulls all the way through 6k and was still pulling when I backed off for fear of snapping something important. :)

As for sound, there's just no substitute for canted valve heads, headers and flowmasters..

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Here kitty kitty....see ya in September, right? ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
So you can kick my ass? Sure.... :)

Maybe I'll just tell em to look out for a non-caged 11 second cougar... That'll take care of you... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts