Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking and know there are some places out there. I tried to contact one place Don gave me to get a set refurbed,but no email or phone call back. I need a set of 70 convertible redone for the 4 speed project here soon.Please if Anyone has any information on this would be helpful, and if you have had a set done can you give me a price at about what it will cost and what quality came back from that vendor. Thanks again for any information. John

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
John, there is a place up here in Greenville that redoes seat belts. I have not used them personally, but I will try to find out a little more info when I get back to the office Monday.

How does your schedule look for Wed Nov 2nd? I will be coming down to Hilton Head on that day and could stop by your place to pick up that one bumper rubber piece and take a hard look at some of your '68 Sun-X back glass examples you have. Could leave here a little early to make sure I get there much earlier than the last time I tried this. LOL

_Tom

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom just shoot me the place and number or email and ill check them out. I hope its a great place. These things are a little bad off on the buckles,but hope they can be redone. Nothing at the moment for that date for a date, just remind me ahead of time. That rubber boot is still sitting in my truck so no problem. Make sure bring your washer bottle and rags,Im sure youll be out there for a while searching the back glass. Thanks John

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
John,

Here is the response from my expert here in the Upstate:

"Because of liability, I don't know of anyone who rewebs seat belts. Ssnake-oil advertises this service, but they are not inexpensive."

Ssnake-oyl is not a local Upstate So. Carolina business. In fact they are in Texas. http://ssnake-oyl.com/

Now, there is a place near where I work here in Greenville. But I have to wait until my (other) contact returns to work to get the name of this business.

_Tom

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Have used both. Python is superior in quality and price.

·
Registered
437 Posts
This is the ONLY place to use... Yes he is busy but half price of snake oyl and better quality / service.

http://www.pythonrestoration.com/
Don gave me Stewarts info here a while back. Really nice guy. They are busy, but he will return calls or emails with a little time. I plan on sending mine there real soon. It is the 4 week turnaround that is a bummer. Not having seat belts to use with the kids doesn't sit well with me, but that is my issue, not theirs.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Guys
Ill try python again, I believe this is who Don gave me a few months ago,but never got a return email back, so Ill check again. We have some time still, so diffently no kids unbelted yet!!lol..
Thanks for all the help
John
Maybe we need a forum with just this kind of information with names and email address to contact for different restoration places to use or not to for various items like these! (someone probally already suggested this)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts