Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well since most of you people have been here for me i feel like you are a "family" to me. We head a bit of a scare here this weekend, but not with the car, with me... I have smoked for about 6 years now and well i was on my way to quitting..when i got a bit of a push...little bumps in my mouth that did not belong...
i thought i had caught oral Cancer.....me and Lisa were devestated, and of course panic and fear stepped in and all was bad:(...Sat night we wnt to the hospital ...got looked at and the Doc said tell me your concern, i said Cancer, he said nope you have a infection....THANK GOD!!! Needless to say i quit smoking and will NOT be going back to it.

Just thought i would share.
Thanks All for being you!

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA, you have VD in the mouth. Just kidding Dave, glad your ok. Just think of all the money you'll save and put towards your car. Take it easy buddy, you'll be fine.

Rick

·
Registered
648 Posts
Absolutely!!!

Think about it...

1 pack a day @ 4.00 per.

28.00 per week

96.00 per month

1152.00 per year

The possibilities are endles...LOL

Ken

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Dave

That will teach ya!!!:1poke:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Smoking is a peculiar, not to mention bad habit. I don't think you could find one smoker who wouldn't say they think it's bad for them, most say they wish they could quit, but need the proper motivation to do so. I'm glad you got your motivation sooner rather than later. I smoked back in high school at night at the weekend parties, and for the last 18 years I have smoked off and on, only after dark, about 3 or 4 steamers a night. I'll quit for months, even years, then pick em back up again. Stupid habit, but when I'm quitting I'll start jones-ing about dark, you wouldn't think that 3 or 4 would be that addicting, but they sure as fire are.

Ron.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I smoked for 8 years before discovering a general fatigue and drain on energy. I was also getting sick alot more and that led to me quitting cold turkey. Haven't had a cigarette in 3 years now thank god.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Dave,
Glad to hear no cancer. And glad to hear your quiting the habbit. I my self tryed it in Jr High, didn't like it and never smoked. I have a hard time spending time at my mothers house as she is a fairly heavy smoker and I have a hard time with the cigarette reek. I think she smokes the cheepest that she can get.(sorry mom, I love ya but...) Neal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good luck on quiting. I have smoked for 30 years now and cough up a lung for about the last 5 years or more. I wish I could quit everyday when I wake up in the mornings I hack for about 30 mins and every time I light up. Tried to stop a few times but no luck yet. Some day I hope too. Good luck
Paul 67 std

·
Registered
356 Posts
I quit for a 1 1/2 years and went back. Idiot I am. Clean_sober I know what you mean! I don't even enjoy it and I smoke like a fiend. When I didn't smoke I couldn't believe I smoked that much. Now I'm back. At over $5 a pack it is ridiculous. I vow to quit again and soon. good luck with quitting. I stayed away from bars and beers for a couple of weeks and that help me quit the first time.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well guys and gal...lol i am doing good

So far so good and thank you all for your concern...:)

I am begining the process of getting the Cat ready for the road, and it will be a documented process..lol...probably cause i will have tons of ??'s for everyone.

Anyways first up is getting my new 1/4 skin in place.
then we go from there...lol

Thanks again for all your support!

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
nothing like fear of god

i am glad to hear you quit just think of the extra bucks you can spend on your cats! Nothing like the fear of god i myself just got diagnosed with type two diabetes, its amazing i havent smoked since i exercise everyday and i eat right just wish i could of got off my but and did this all before i had the fear of not waking up.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
GET HEALTHY....

I don't smoke....never did but,.......I lost 43 lbs. so far! I'm trying to get to a healthy weight and model with my car!lol.:D At least 10 more pounds! Yippie!

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
That calls for a BIG congrats Cougar Kitty, 43 pounds is alot. My problem is I cant gain weight, Ive weight 145 pounds since I was 17 (34 now), and Im 6ft. 1in.
You will have no problem losing the other weight you want to lose, keep it up.

Rick

Make sure when you get to the weight you want to be, model with your car and send ALL OF US a picture;)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Healthy Weight!

THANK YOU!!!!!........You are soooooo CRAZY, baby!:biggrn2:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Careful there, Dark. I'm 6' even and couldn't hit 150 with both boots full of water - even quit smoking after 18 years of steady puffing and it didn't help - until I hit 36! Now I fight to stay under 190! :p:
But seriously, congrads to 73XR7 and everyone else who has managed to kick the habit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm with you Rktman, I graduated high school at 140, hit about 190 when I was doing jackhammer work on a bridge construction gang, softened up down to about 165-170, now at 35 I'm starting to balloon around the middle!! Can't just eat all the junk I want anymore.

We probably would all get our eyes opened if we started flying pics around of what we all really look like! Logan is the only brave soul I'm aware of. Then we'd be called the Cougar/ Fat Bast#%&*'s club!

Ron.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts