Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Uh, what? Oh that. I've lost count... Drool, duh...

Steve C.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Head bang

At least 10 times on each car. Have owned fifteen 1970's in the last twelve years and still have six. Every time you are doing some serious work on them. But they are worth the extra injuries.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I've banged my head so many times I can't remember (at my age, I can't remember much of anything, anyway).

You would think that by now, someone would have developed a "soft" cap that would slip on and off. Maybe painted safety yellow or red. Maybe with "DANGER" printed on it. Maybe with a liability disclaimer on it. Maybe...ah, I can't remember what I was going to say...

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Having first owned a 69, this problem was harder to overcome when I got my first 70. I finally figured a easy way to solve this. Take 2 rags and put them thru the lowers corners of the center grill. With these hanging down, they serve as a "early warning system", and if you don't "register" the warning quick enough, the rags also serve as a "impact softner"..........LOL!!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Have had many people hit their head on the FANG. When i 1st got it i think i hit it more times then i can put toes and fingers together in a crowd of people. .Always thought of making a crouchet to simply fit around the fang so when its at shows people look and if they hit there head it will be cushioned alittle..
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Oh right, like you need any more headaches...lol..(headaches, get it..)

Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Bruce, a bad day working on my Cougar (bonkin' my head) is better then any day Ive had for awhile. Im going to bolt my hood on tomorrow and play under there.

Rick

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Go for it, and have fun..Between the snow, the rain and the mud, I can't get much done on my cougars...

Bruce

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
try a baseball cap turned around works for me acts as a early warning device because 90 percent of the time i hit it standing up out of the bay rather than going in. course you still jump like crazy when the bill hits and sometimes hit the top of your head on the hood but it hurts no where near as much.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts