Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
11,000 Posts
I can't detect any rust in the driver side floor pan. Probably because carpet doesn't rust......

·
Registered
936 Posts
Tough restoration given the very extensive nature of the rust problem. Much of the rare G stuff is there, but you would almost have to re-body the entire car. Looks like it been in a salt bath. 50K minimum restoration effort. Hate to say it, but almost a parts car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Too bad it's so rotten. It's a 100% twin to my Hertz-G and was built the day before mine. Seems like all the G-stuff is there except for the front valance (w/Lucas lights), rear valance, tailpipes, the talbot mirror and the center caps. Can't tell if the 3rd horn is there.

Royce, I don't see A/C or the smog setup on the car. Shouldn't all Hertz-G's have those items ? Mine does.

Chris

·
11,000 Posts
Yes, all the Hertz G cars were identically equipped except for colors, DSO and serial number. Smog was a 50 state requirement for the 390GT engine in 1968, and every Hertz G had air conditioning originally.

Too bad it's so rotten. It's a 100% twin to my Hertz-G and was built the day before mine. Seems like all the G-stuff is there except for the front valance (w/Lucas lights), rear valance, tailpipes, the talbot mirror and the center caps. Can't tell if the 3rd horn is there.

Royce, I don't see A/C or the smog setup on the car. Shouldn't all Hertz-G's have those items ? Mine does.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts