Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joe,

Congratulations on the excellent article in the July, 2011 issue of Hemmings Muscle Machine # 94. Royce and Don Rush are also quoted in the article.

It is always great to see Cougars in print!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Got it yesterday, nice to see a "G" get some ink! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Looking forward to receiving my issue soon. Congrats Joe. :) John

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Congrats Joe, I love it when G's make ink. My HMM should be coming any day then. And congrats again Dave with your car making it into Musclecar Review. I'm gonna have to find that at a newstand or somewhere, I quit that one a while back.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Believe it or not, I still havn't picked up the issue as the local bookstore was out and it didn't arrive in the mail yet. Its killing me! Just hope I did the Cougar Community proud...

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Joe, I think they did an outstanding job. I did see a glitch or two, But I guess that's to be expected. Believe me nothing to do with your car, your car is gorgeous. Just under the Body & Interior part they mention that the overhead console has provisions for Foglights & Sunroof, we know that those are located on the center console. And in another part in What to Pay for an xr7-G section they have listed Low/13,500 Average/ 21,000 and High at 32,500. They also mention add 25% for a 280hp 390 (X code)
as in only 15% for an 320hp 390 (S code) I think they may have that backwards. By any chance do you know where they got the information on What to Pay? And do you agree with it. All & all, great, great article and photo's. Something to be proud of.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I did not supply them with any value information. I have yet to see the article, so I'll make more accurate comments once I see the content. To be honest, I was a little proud to be chosen. It all started with a letter to the editor of Hemmings about cars they had not yet featured.
Joe, I think they did an outstanding job. I did see a glitch or two, But I guess that's to be expected. Believe me nothing to do with your car, your car is gorgeous. Just under the Body & Interior part they mention that the overhead console has provisions for Foglights & Sunroof, we know that those are located on the center console. And in another part in What to Pay for an xr7-G section they have listed Low/13,500 Average/ 21,000 and High at 32,500. They also mention add 25% for a 280hp 390 (X code)
as in only 15% for an 320hp 390 (S code) I think they may have that backwards. By any chance do you know where they got the information on What to Pay? And do you agree with it. All & all, great, great article and photo's. Something to be proud of.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I know what you mean when you say proud. I went through the same thing last year. Two days of photo shoots (because of rain)and a very no non-sense photographer that was very picky. I guess that was a good thing because that ended up being the cover car. So once again congratulations, and let me know what YOU think when you get your copy.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Hey Joe, what a nice article! Some Shelby guys at the SAAC convention this past weekend actually showed it to me.

Ya know, I'm the one that "found" your G and facilitated it's sale to Ralph Pagington who took it to Tom at KTL for restoration.

Here are some pics of it the day I went out to have a look.

Sure has come a long way!

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Could this car had spent time in the Virginia Beach area in the early/mid 70s?

·
Registered
735 Posts
^^
If I'm not mistaken (and I often am!), I seem to remember that being mentioned to me by the older gentlemen that owned it when I took those pictures.

Car was here in Richmond Va. when Ralph bought it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
WOW! Thanks for the "before photos". I have added them to the car's archive. Its always nice to get some historical perspective on a car that one now finds themselves the custodian of. Obviously the car has come a long way, and Tom did a great job. I don't know what happened with Ralph, but it worked out for me in any case.
Hey Joe, what a nice article! Some Shelby guys at the SAAC convention this past weekend actually showed it to me.

Ya know, I'm the one that "found" your G and facilitated it's sale to Ralph Pagington who took it to Tom at KTL for restoration.

Here are some pics of it the day I went out to have a look.

Sure has come a long way!

·
Registered
735 Posts
My pleasure.

I may have more.

If you'd like hi-res scans of them (they are pre-digital) pm me. I'd be more than happy to email you them and give you more info.

·
Registered
936 Posts
^^
If I'm not mistaken (and I often am!), I seem to remember that being mentioned to me by the older gentlemen that owned it when I took those pictures.

Car was here in Richmond Va. when Ralph bought it.
I would love to know the name of the man from Richmond, VA as it would help me better put together the car's history.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Joe, I think I still have that information.

When I get back from Carlisle (busy folding t-shirts now!) I will go through my files and photos and send you everything I've got.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Thanks at Ton!
Joe, I think I still have that information.

When I get back from Carlisle (busy folding t-shirts now!) I will go through my files and photos and send you everything I've got.

·
11,000 Posts
Still waiting for my copy of the magazine to show up (I am a subscriber). The author emailed me perhaps twenty times with questions. He seemed very intent on accuracy.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I received my issue on Tuesday. Overall the article was very good IMO. Royce, didn't the F code & X code G's also come with dual exhaust, the article states single exhaust for both? Congratulations Joe. John

1 - 20 of 33 Posts