Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oops, meant this to be in the Tech Question section, sorry.

I've got a bit of a mess on the signal switch section of my harness..I am basically trying to hard wire the turn signal switch assembly because the old wiring harness on the other side has been blown apart over the years and has no half-moon connector..

SO, on page 19-58 of the Service Manual(group 19-schematics), there is a section on the shematic showing where the two half-moon connectors are side by side. I assume that the connections would go gogether as though they lie as a mirror-image?

My confusion is coming from the fact that connections are one color going in, but another coming out (ie from the harness to the switch..a lot of wires!) Is that right, or should I be matching color for color? There are a lot of non matching colors here

For an example, I"m reading colored wire 385 (white with red stripe) on the switch end matching up with 10(green with red stripe) on the harness end (out of the brake lamp switch), and 514 (blue) matching up with 511A green on the switch wires..is that right?

How exactly am I supposed to be reading this? I have a repop Switch and harness, and I'm not sure the colors are exactly what are prescribed in the original service manual specs.

Thanks for any guidance!

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Brian we sell the 1/2 moon connector new.

We also have used switches that you can look at for comparison. Might be able to get Andrew to take a picture this week.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian we sell the 1/2 moon connector new.

We also have used switches that you can look at for comparison. Might be able to get Andrew to take a picture this week.
I've made a bit of a mess of this, but I think I've figured out that the colors don't just match color for color, strangely. There a a few wires I can't figure out, but have brakes and taillights so far!

This is rather silly without the two connectors, but I sure as heck don't want to go putting another in-dash harness in!

thanks,

B

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts